Full Time Engineer: Utilities and Processing at Namibia Dairies
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Responsible for the maintenance, repair, and compliance of all boilers, water treatment, and compressor (cooling and air) and the process of mixing, CIP, milk, UHT, Juices, cultures, and cream to facilitate the smooth operation of the department. Responsible for the development and maintenance of the automation sections of the factory including the PLC’s. Responsible in terms of compliance of equipment such as HFO, Boilers, Water reclamation, Ammoniac, refrigeration systems.
- Develop and execute preventive maintenance schedules and procedures to proactively identify and address potential issues before they become major problems.
- Diagnose equipment malfunctions, identify root causes, and implement appropriate solutions or repairs.
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance activities, including repair history, maintenance logs, and equipment performance data.
- Analyse reports on maintenance activities and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Respond to urgent maintenance requests and breakdowns, prioritize tasks, and minimize disruptions.
- Implement and monitor plant maintenance schedules to ensure optimal performance.
- Ensure compliance with legislation requirements and maintain equipment within safety standards.
- Support the development of new products by collaborating with various departments.
- Manage contractors and supplier relations to ensure specifications and customer needs are met.
- Maintain inventory of spare parts, tools, and supplies necessary for maintenance activities.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES:
- B.Com degree in engineering (Mechanical/Electrical/Industrial) or 5-8 years experience.
- Experience in maintaining & operating Tetrapack machinery.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Verbal Communication Skills
- Reporting Skills
- Written Skills
- Telephone skills
- Supervisory Skills
How to Apply
The company ONLY accept applications vis their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:Apply online via: O&L Career Portal
Closing Date: 29 August 2023
166 total views, 1 today