Full Time Equipment Coordinator ( Internal Applicants Only)
As a leading strategic and dynamic institution, unique in our trade and very committed to our contribution to national
development, NAMPORT, invites suitably qualified persons to apply for the following position:
POSITION: EQUIPMENT COORDINATOR
DEPARTMENT: PORT OPERATIONS
LOCATION: PORT OF WALVIS BAY
JOB GRADE: 09
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To assume overall control and supervision of Cargo handling Equipment and Equipment Operating Staff to ensure meeting of operational targets and priorities of the cargo terminal and to optimize equipment terminal operations.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
▪ Supervising, planning, and coordinating of mechanical lifting equipment.
▪ Facilitate timeous assigning and positioning of relevant equipment based on operational demands.
▪ Ensure efficient work queue management.
▪ Ensure optimum utilisation of all equipment to achieve maximum productivity.
▪ Monitor operations closely; identify and resolve potential clashes and delays in operational areas.
▪ Communicate with internal and external customers; keep active dialogue with operators on procedures.
▪ Monitor and coordinate smooth continuous operations, including shift change-over and rest break change-over intervals.
▪ Ensure provision of analyzed equipment-based performance reporting in line with terminal efficiency objectives and goals.
▪ Plan and coordinate staff training and development.
▪ Ensure operational safety and overall compliance.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
▪ A National Diploma or equivalent (NQA Level 6) in a relevant field, such as transport & logistics, supply chain management, business management and or project management.
▪ Minimum of four (4) years- experience in cargo equipment coordination, transport & logistics or any relevant experience.
▪ Advantage: Proficiency in the use of relevant computer systems and software, such as terminal operating systems and scheduling software.
▪ Alternative Requirements:
▪ Grade 12 with a National Certificate or equivalent [NQF Level 5] in a relevant field, such as transport & logistics, supply chain
management, business management and or project management.
▪ 5 years relevant experience, which a minimum 3 years in terminal or cargo operations supervisory or team leader capacity.
▪ Ability to work independently.
▪ Drivers License Code CE.
▪ Good planning & supervisory skills.
▪ Computer literacy.
▪ Report writing & presentation skills.
▪ Must be a Namibian citizen.
How to ApplyWINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY: 01 SEPTEMBER 2023 Namport is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing world-class port services to all local, regional and international seaborne traders, through excellent customer service, sustainable growth, development and social responsibility. Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting their applications electronically via www.namport.com/careers/ or access the Namibia Integrated Employment Information System (NIEIS) through the following link: https://nieis.namibiaatwork.gov.na/. All foreign qualifications should be evaluated by NQA. All enquiries and applications with full details regarding qualifications, experience, and career achievements should be addressed to the under mentioned: - Human Capital Business Partner | Namibian Ports Authority | P O Box 361 | Walvis Bay, Namibia Tel: 064 – 208 2255 Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No hand delivered, emailed, or faxed applications will be considered.
177 total views, 1 today