Full Time Executive Information and Communication Technology at Namibia Port Authority
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To provide strategic Information Communication Technology (ICT) leadership to the Namibian Ports Authority (Namport) through provision of holistic, innovative and impactful ICT solutions so as to optimise business operations, enhance customer experience and ensure sustainable attainment of Namport’s strategic objectives. The position substantively forms part of the Namport Executive Management Committee, and reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Contribute to the strategic planning, development and implementaiton of Namport’s integrated strategic business plan and annual business and financial plan
- Provide ICT vision and lead the formulation, development and implementation of Namport’s ICT Strategy to lead Namport’s digital transition and achieve the company’s strategic objectives
- Oversee the development, management and maintenance of Namport’s technology infrastructure and assets base, in line with organisational growth plans, changing business requirements or technological advancements, ensuring that these are managed in line with approved governance frameworks.
- Lead and ensure the effective management of Namport’s business application environment, IT systems and devices to ensure high quality and efficient enterprise information systems that unlock efficiencies and contribute to business value.
- Monitor and evaluate ICT Department processes, asset efficiency and productivity trends against planned targets and adjust plan accordingly to determine adequacy of employees, equipment and technologies
- Plan and lead the development, implementation and maintenance of an integrated ICT Governance Framework (Policies, procedures, guidelines and relevant templates) aligned to best practice, relevant legislation and the corporate strategy, to improve efficiency and service provision.
- Manage technology and cybersecurity risks in line with relevant risk management frameworks and tools to ensure business continuity.
- Establish networks, build and maintain cost-effective partnerships with key stakeholders on ICT and other strategic matters.
- Provide effective team leadership and develop a high-performance culture that supports continual organisational improvement, performance and productivity
- Develop and manage departmental annual operational and capital budgets and expenditure.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- An Honours Degree [NQF Level 8] in Computer Science, Information Communication Technology, Information Management or equivalent.
- An MBA or relevant Master’s Degree [NQF Level 9] in Computer Science, Information Communication Technology or equivalent.
- A minimum of ten (10) years relevant professional experience in the field of Information Communication Technology, Information Management, of which five (5) years should have been in a management capacity.
- Proven experience managing and leading ICT operations in a complex organizational environment, building relationships and ensuring end-user satisfaction across a large distributed organization.
- Strong project management skills or technical expertise in IT systems, network infrastructure, and enterprise applications.
- Business acumen matched with good influencing and negotiation skills.
- Service and results orientation.
- Innovative and creative thinking.
- n-depth knowledge of information security practices, policies, and regulations.
- Familiarity with industry best practices and emerging technologies in the IT field.
- Strong leadership and people management skills, with the ability to motivate and develop teams.
How to Apply
The company ONLY accept applications via their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:Apply online via: Namport Career Portal
Closing Date: 25 August 2023- Namport is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing world-class port services to all local, regional and international seaborne traders, through excellent customer service, sustainable growth, development and social responsibility. Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. - All foreign qualifications should be evaluated by NQA.
706 total views, 1 today