Full Time Financial Controller at HARTLIEF CONTINENTAL MEAT PRODUCTS
Location: Windhoek, NA
Company: Hartlief Continental Meat Products
Job Grade: D3
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To ensure the provision of accurate monthly financial management accounts & reports and to comply with all required statutory regulations & reporting standards. To manage, guide and assist the Finance Department in the processing and reconciliation of monthly financial information.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT:
- B Degree in Management Accounting or Financial Accounting with 3-5 years’ relevant management accounting experience in a corporate environment.
- Strong financial acumen, Statutory legislation, Reconciliation, Financial reporting (IFRS), Technical Accounting knowledge, strong Management Accounting background/understanding, Caseware experience and People management.
- 3 years completed articles with a registered institution. Registration as CA/CIMA will serve as an advantage.
- SAP experience OR Abaserve will also been an advantage.
KEY JOB OUTPUTS:
- Evaluate internal control policies and mechanisms from the standpoint of corporate goals.
- Implement and maintain control mechanisms – monitoring systems, authorizations and notification policies.
- Review Trend analysis and Emerging Issues and build Forecasting capability.
- Review of financial statements according to accepted financial standards.
- Assist to manage and execute reporting as required by HL (annual, half-year, quarterly, monthly).
- Oversee the month-end closing procedures to ensure timeous submission of all reports required by HL and O&L.
- Review, edit and ensure commentary in report is insightful and aids decision-making.
- Identify opportunities for Tax saving in HL.
- Implement mitigation & control measures to minimize tax risk to the business.
- Educate departments and staff on Tax process & procedure as well as savings.
- Lead Project Feasibility analysis and Investment Decision support as part of growing the business and strategic decision making.
- Manage development and conduct research into new accounting practices and competitive pricing.
- Support the procurement team in terms of order releasing and approvals.
- Assisting in Budget preparations and formulation of 1-, 3- and 5-year projections and financial analyses, especially income, cash flows and funding of the budget.
- Lead, coach and support direct reports.
Due Date: 12 September 2023
How to Apply
168 total views, 1 today