Full Time Financial Manager at NAMIB MILLS (PTY)
An excellent career opportunity exists for interested and qualified candidates to apply for the following position at Namib Mills (Pty) Ltd in Windhoek.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Financial Manager position is accountable for accounting functions (Financial & Costing) as well as the reviewing of sub-ordinates work.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determine financing requirements.
- Correspond with other departments and implement strategies.
- Liaise with auditors to ensure effective completion of audits (internal & external).
- Compile annual budgets, review balance sheet accounts and compiling quarterly Board Reports.
- Assisting with SAFEX and Forex (Stock and Foreign Exchange) functions, including tracking exchange rates, managing currency exposure and implementing hedging strategies to mitigate foreign exchange and commodity pricing risk.
- Creating/posting of monthly journals and review creditor recons.
- Support the treasury function in cash flow management, monitoring cash positions and optimizing working capital.
- Preparing reports for Management and releasing of EFT payments.
- Predict future financial trends and analyze monthly management accounts.
- Calculate/Review & maintain sales prices.
- Do break-even analysis as well as calculating return on possible investments.
- Review and assist with direct and indirect taxes (VAT, Import VAT, Income tax, etc.).
- Review Capex transactions and assist with maintaining fixed asset register.
- Oversee employees in team and evaluate performance against set KPI’s.
- Assist debtors and creditor’s function.
- Minimise financial risk of the entities.
- Maintaining/update monthly management reports and present these reports.
- Collaborate with inventory team to maintain accurate inventory records and perform periodic inventory reconciliations.
- Helping with financial and accounting system queries.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION
- BCom Accounting/Financial/Cost Management Degree – Honours (NQF8) completed audit articles and CA (NAM) will be an added advantage
- 5 Years working experience with very good knowledge of accounting, able to guide subordinates, solve accounting and system problems on a higher level as well as implement and maintain financial processes.
- Namibian citizen
- Fluent in English (Written and Spoken).
- Valid driver’s license.
How to ApplyNamib Mills is an equal opportunity employer. Previously Disadvantaged Namibians (PDN) and women are encouraged to apply. The Company offers in return; a competitive salary and a range of employee benefits which are market related. CVs with relevant supporting documents can be forwarded to email@example.com (not larger than 2MB). Subject line for applications should be: NMF190923 – FINANCIAL MANAGER Only applications with this subject line will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Closing date for applications: 03 October 2023
192 total views, 1 today