22 Jan 2024
Full Time Fleet Controller at KRAATZ MARINE PTY LTD
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The incumbent will plan, organize, lead and control all aspects of the company’s vehicle fleet in accordance with the company policy to maintain the required level of services and company image standard.
Coordinate services and repairs of company vehicles
- Monthly inspection of each site’s vehicles, including those outside Walvis Bay.
- Provide a monthly report on the condition each Kraatz vehicle based on a checklist.
- Design and implement a daily vehicle inspection sheet.
- Daily inspection check on all vehicles at the workshop.
- Manage vehicle tracking system and report any discrepancies immediately.
- Manage fuel cost on all vehicles via Blue Fuel System and report any discrepancies.
- Manage all vehicle’s kilometers versus fuel consumption and report accordingly.
- Manage service intervals of all vehicles and instruct Assistant Diesel Mechanic to make bookings for services when required.
- Send lease vehicles kilometer readings to lease agents at the beginning of each month.
- Design new logbook sheet and manage “sign out” of all vehicles in the workshop.
- Do regular spot checks on time vs kilometers travelled in the urban area and report any irregularity.
- Manage all MDC of responsible vehicles.
- Manage expired vehicle licenses and instruct Assistant Diesel Mechanic to renew at NATIS.
- Manage police clearance and instruct the assistant diesel mechanic to conduct roadworthy test at NATIS as and when required.
- Ensure all vehicles are kept in a clean and hygienic condition at all times. Instruct Assistant Diesel Mechanic to wash and vacuum vehicles.
- Keep copies of all Kraatz employees driver’s license on record.
- Manage all spare keys of vehicles by a monthly key count spreadsheet.
- Confirm all vehicles are locked and parked safely at log off time.
- Explain company policy regarding the use of company cars to new drivers and every six months to all drivers.
- Check that the drivers adhere to all safety rules and regulations.
- Check that the driver adheres to road regulations and speed limit as per company motor vehicle policy
General office administration
- Check logbook every morning.
- Keep accurate and complete records of all correspondence and documentation related to accident claims, vehicle fleet etc.
- Control and update fleet list, circulate changes of fleet to various departments.
- Ensure that documents, records, and all other information is handled confidentially as per the company confidential agreement/policy.
- Plan transport coordination of night shift employees according to procedure to ensure they arrive at work on time.
- Check that subordinates are motivated, trained and utilized to their maximum potential.
- Administrate subordinate’s remuneration by controlling and monitoring time & attendance, overtime and leave.
- Arrange for protective clothing when required.
- Supervise subordinates.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the disciplinary Policy.
- Check that subordinates performance are up to standard and provide leadership, directing and training to subordinates where and when needed.
General & ad hoc
- Attend to any reasonable request made by the Senior Leadership Team.
- Report and where possible handle cases of accident fire, theft, loss, damage or contravention of regulations.
- Attend meetings and training courses, workshops or seminars as required.
- Relieve and assist in all areas during periods of absence or crises.
Guidelines and equipment
- Policies & procedures
- O&L Values and Persona
- Grade 12 with pass marks in English and Afrikaans.
- 5 years’ transport and mechanical experience.
- Computer literate.
- Forklift driving certificate and Code BE License with no restrictions.
- Public driving permit.
- Code 10 drivers license.
Preferred / Advantageous:
- Vehicle Tracking.
- Certificate in Logistics.
How to Apply
The company ONLY accept applications vis their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:Apply online via: O&L Career Portal
Closing Date: 31 January 2024
662 total views, 2 today