Full Time Fleischermeister at HARTLIEF CONTINENTAL MEAT PRODUCTS
Location: Windhoek, NA
Company: Hartlief Continental Meat Products
Job Grade: D4
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Advise and develop new-to-world processes and products to drive innovation, continuous improvement for Hartlief factory and Deli’s production process in line with the company’s vision and purpose.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT:
- Fleischermeister Qualification (with Meisterbrief).
- A minimum of 8-10 years’ experience as a Fleischermeister in a meat processing and production environment of a large-scale meat production/processing company.
- 10 or more years’ experience in the meat industry with leadership experience.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of a broad number of fields, specialising in meat processing.
- Experience in training the training and coaching of staff as well as identifying and developing the next generation of Fleischermeisters.
- Knowledge and command of latest technologies, machines and lines used in the production of meat and sausage production.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the selection, preparation, display packaging, and sale of meat to consumer and commercial customers.
- BE (Code 08) Drivers Licence.
KEY JOB OUTPUTS:
- Advise and provide input in the development, implementation & maintenance of the Quality Assurance strategy and standards for Hartlief.
- Drive the process of identifying opportunities for longer shelf lives on finished goods.
- Optimize recipes to improve quality, taste profile, shelf life and product costing (where applicable)
- Identify opportunities which could influence the maximum execution of the production plans and processes to ensure efficiency, utilization and effectiveness as well as adherence to schedule.
- Advice on recipe changes as per available raw materials.
- Inspect and monitor production and packaging lines to ensure compliance to production processes & procedures.
- Prepare special cuts of meat ordered by customers and train new meat cutters.
- Provide guidance and recommendations on technology, equipment and processes which will enable efficiencies and breakthrough results.
- Direct the testing of prototype products from conception to Measuring & Evaluation.
- Oversee trials and report on trials conducted as per the Trial Report template for record purposes.
- Ensure compliance to the Trial Process and Checklist.
- Drive portfolio optimisation and rationalization based on commercial and practical indicators.
- Co-design marketing concepts for new and existing products based on unique selling points and value addition.
- Design new value-added fresh meat products and get them ready for sale.
- Assist to allocate, supervise and coordinate floor employees and ensure work is completed effectively, efficiently and on time.
- Assist to ensure absolute adherence and management of rules, processes and record keeping of HACCAP standards.
- Adhere to Health and Safety Regulations and report deviations and incidents to Manager Factory
- Train sales employees on customer care, sales skills and unique selling points of new and existing products.
- Coach deli employees on general meat cuts as well as special cuts and possible value addition to present the product as attractively as possible.
Due Date: 11 September 2023
How to Apply
216 total views, 1 today