15 Nov 2023
Full Time Graduate Trainee – Electrician at B2GOLD
Graduate Trainee – Electrician (24 Months Fixed Term Contract)
Listing reference: b2gld_000159
Listing status: Online
Apply by: 26 November 2023
Industry: Mining & Quarrying
Job category: Artisan
Contract: Fixed Term Contract
EE position: No
Electrician Graduates undergo training in the various areas that make up B2Gold Otjikoto Mine’s Electrical Maintenance services to acquire skills that will develop the incumbent into a competent Electrician.
- Assist the Electrical Supervisor in carrying out electrical maintenance activities mine-wide.
- Interpret electrical drawings/schematics during fault-finding or maintenance activities
- Understand the use of various test instruments and special tools.
- Comply with all maintenance procedures, engineering standards and SOPs.
- Assist electrical supervisor to carry out statutory tests and inspections.
- Carry out ad hoc tasks outside this role’s function when necessary, as instructed by the Supervisor /Management.
Safety, Health and Environment
- Ensure compliance with all B2Gold Safety, Health and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Comply with the Namibian Mining Act (Labour Act, Ordinance, Minerals Act, and Explosives Act) and Regulation clauses applicable to the work area.
- Actively participate in safety and/or toolbox meetings and conduct a monthly safety inspection of the work area based on the schedule set by Management.
- Minimum Grade 12 / N3 with 4 relevant technical subjects & a Trade Diploma – Electrician, not older than 18 months from date of qualification
- Ability to learn and adapt to environments faster
- Creative problem-solving skills
- A valid B driver’s licence
- Able to work after hours and weekends when necessary
- Women and persons from marginalised communities are encouraged to apply
How to ApplyClosing date: November 26, 2023
408 total views, 3 today