Full Time Graduate Trainee Environmentalist at B2Gold Namibia
Graduate Trainee Environmentalist (24 Months Fixed Term Contract)
HSE Management System
- Assist with the implementation of the environmental requirements of the HSE Management system.
- Assist in creating environmental awareness for all employees and contractors at Otjikoto Mine.
- Assist with site inspections and audits to monitor and evaluate compliance with applicable environmental requirements.
- Assist with compliance support on the environmental and biodiversity performance standards at both national and international levels.
- Assist with monitoring of all aspects of environmental and biodiversity performance management:
o -Air quality
o -Waste management
o -Water management
o -Land use and biodiversity
o -Hazardous materials management
o -Climate and Energy
- Gain exposure and understanding of how the environment department’s scope of work relates to all areas/departments of the mine.
Specific project program: Biodiversity management and mine closure
- Complete a project proposal on rehabilitation monitoring focusing on landscape function analysis to demonstrate experience gained in environmental management.
- Compile a report and present findings on the projects undertaken as related to the specific career goals in environmental management.
- Align the project to all aspects of environmental management lessons and skills acquired during the program.
- Offer technical support to the environmental officer, rehab and rehab field team in monitoring and implementing rehabilitation areas.
Rehabilitation and Mine Closure
- Assist with land clearance assessments and completion of audits.
- Assist in revegetation and rehabilitation maintenance activities, and monitoring and measuring rehabilitation activities in the field.
- Contribute to developing and implementing sustainability initiatives to minimise the impacts of mining activities.
- Ensure compliance with all B2Gold Safety, Health and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Comply with the Namibian Mining Act (Labour Act, Ordinance, Minerals Act, and Explosives Act) and Regulation clauses applicable to the work area.
- Actively participate in safety and/or toolbox meetings and conduct a monthly safety inspection of the work area based on the schedule set by Management.
- Minimum Relevant Bachelor of Science – Environmental Management and/or any related field (NQF 7)
- No experience required
- Valid code B driver’s licence
- Women and persons from marginalised communities are encouraged to apply
How to ApplyClosing date: February 15, 2024
323 total views, 2 today