Full Time Group Compliance Officer – Old Mutual Namibia
The role is accountable for defining, communicating, training and attesting to corporate policies and procedures as well as compliance monitoring across the organization. The role is accountable for all investigations into any actions that violates regulatory/legal requirements.
- Support Management with the implementation of the Old Mutual Limited Group Compliance Framework.
- Assist Management in overseeing and monitoring that the business meets its legal and regulatory obligations, and that it promotes and sustains a strong culture of compliance.
- Provide input and express an independent opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of regulatory controls (including efficiency and effectiveness of the systems implemented to manage regulatory compliance matters within the business), as well as the overall internal regulatory control environment.
- Assist Management in overseeing, monitoring, and providing guidance on emerging laws and regulations, their impact on business and required implementation.
- Maintain the regulatory universe and related Compliance Risk Management Plans (CRMPs).
- Compile and conduct monitoring in line with Regulatory Compliance Plans on a risk-based approach.
- Ensure accurate reporting and escalation r of any regulatory compliance breaches or concerns.
- Monitor regulatory / compliance failure remediation against agreed Management Actions and due dates.
- Provide advice, develop and / or update the Employee Training and Development framework and set of training material and provide training for the business or functional units / entities with respect to all relevant legislation and industry changes or amendments thereto, inclusive of general communications as the need arises.
- Cooperating with regulatory and law enforcement request for information, reviews, audits and investigations.
- Review and provide guidance to Management and oversight over implementation of the Anti-Money Laundering and Counterterrorist and Proliferation Financing Risk Management Compliance Programme (RMCP), inclusive of controls and procedures to mitigate Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Proliferation Financing risks.
- Assist Management to perform Risk Assessments as required by the RMCP, inclusive of regular reviews of such.
- Present feedback on all compliance reporting and issues monthly at business unit / entity Executive Committee level, as required; and
- As required submit the necessary regulatory / compliance reports to the Old Mutual Namibia (OMNAM) Group Compliance Manager for onward reporting to OMNAM Exco, Management and the various OMNAM Boards, inclusive of any regulatory / compliance breaches.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Namibian Citizen;
- LL.B or higher or a B.Com is a minimum mandatory requirement.
- 2 – 3 years’ compliance or audit experience.
- Admission as a Compliance Practitioner with a relevant recognised international association shall be an advantage.
- Strong technical skills.
- Flawless command of the English language.
- Assertive self-starter with excellent communication, organisation and presentation skills.
- Excellent conflict handling skills.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure while maintaining high service levels; and
- A team player.
How to Apply
The company ONLY accept applications vis their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:Apply online via: Old Mutual Career Portal
Closing Date: 22 November 2023
317 total views, 3 today