1 Nov 2023
Full Time HME Control and Instrumentation Technician at B2GOLD NAMIBIA
HME Control and Instrumentation Technician (Fixed Term Contract)
Listing reference: b2gld_000155
Listing status: Online
Apply by: 8 November 2023
Industry: Mining & Quarrying
Job category: Artisan
Contract: Fixed Term Contract
EE position: No
The HME C& I Technician is responsible for programming, installation, maintenance, inspection, testing, and adjusting telemetry and all other instrumentation related tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor, maintain and repair utility systems.
- Complete HME equipment Electronic downloads and vision link fault finding and repairs.
- Installation, programming, repair and maintenance of fatigue monitoring, camera, radio, Wenco systems, Camera systems and telemetry systems and other Control and Instrumentation duties as delegated.
- Maintain and repair electrical, pneumatic or hydraulic on-off actuators and diaphragms.
- Program and/or replace microprocessors, Programmable Logic Controller (PLCs) and other devices on Heavy Mining equipment’s.
- Execute root cause analysis, identify solutions and implement.
- Ensure all special tools and equipment used during the shift are cleaned and returned to the tool store by the end of shift.
- Coach team members and operational teams on best practices and associated technologies.
- Discuss work plans with relevant stakeholders and assess progress reports relating on output / projects.
- Support and create sound working relationship with co-workers
Safety, Health and Environment
- Compliance with the B2Gold Golden Rules, Code of Conduct and all Policies.
- Comply with the Namibian Mining Act (Labour Act, Ordinance, Minerals Act, Explosives Act) and Regulations clauses applicable to your work area.
- Actively participate in safety and/or toolbox meetings and conduct a monthly safety inspection of the work area.
- Maintain a safe working environment and keep the assigned work area clean and tidy.
- Report all unsafe acts and conditions as well as injuries, accidents, equipment damage and near-miss incidents to the supervisor promptly
- Minimum Grade 12 / N3 with 4 relevant technical subjects & Trade Diploma – Instrumentation
- Minimum three years post apprentice artisan / technician experience with heavy Mining Equipment Maintenance with at least 2 years’ experience in radio programming, telemetry, fire systems, security access cards, and CCTV
- Sound computer skills and knowledge of applicable software
- Valid Code BE Driver’s License
- Women and persons from marginalized communities encouraged to apply
How to ApplyClosing date: November 08, 2023
446 total views, 2 today