12 Jan 2024
Full Time Maintenance and Projects Engineer at B2GOLD NAMIBIA
Maintenance and Projects Engineer (Underground)
Listing reference: b2gld_000165
Listing status: Online
Apply by: 25 January 2024
Industry: Mining & Quarrying
Job category: Mining
EE position: No
The Maintenance & Projects engineer is responsible for assisting the Underground Mining Manager and the Engineering Manager with project implementation and effective maintenance of underground support services.
Location and reporting structure
- This position will be based at the Otjikoto Mine and will report directly to the Underground Mining Manager.
- Ensure maintenance according to B2Gold standards and Namibian legislation of infrastructure that supports UG Mining, including power supply, water supply, cement batching, dewatering, compressed air, diesel supply, and primary ventilation.
- Ensure a formal maintenance inspection and preventative maintenance program is in place for all Trackless Mobile Machines of contractor and owner.
- Compiling technical library to support infrastructure and equipment.
- Complete technical studies and costing of underground mining projects, e.g. dewatering boreholes, underground dewatering and water supply, power supply, primary ventilation, escape way installations, etc.
- Project management of ad hoc engineering projects as required, from concept to tender to implementation and reporting.
- Engineering sign-off on technical commissioning of underground engineering installations.
- Review and inspect underground electrical, compressed air, dewatering, ventilation and other mechanical infrastructure and ensure alignment with Namibian legislation and B2Gold standards.
- Ensure that lifting equipment complies with legislation, is logged in a file, certificates are available and monthly inspections are conducted.
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards, and specifications.
- Ensure that the mining contractor’s Trackless Mobile Machines complies with the Trackless Mobile Machines Specification Standard STD-ENG-MNT-005 by doing initial sign off and quarterly inspections.
- Ensure all underground mining electrical equipment has a pilot wire system in place and that the trailing cable pilot wire system is tested at intervals not exceeding 45 days.
Budgeting and Cost Control
- Develop annual engineering budgets for Underground Mining.
- Implement strategies for effective cost control.
Safety, Health and Environment
- Ensure compliance with all B2Gold Safety, Health and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Comply with the Namibian Mining Act (Labour Act, Ordinance, Minerals Act, and Explosives Act) and Regulation clauses applicable to the work area.
- Actively participate in safety and/or toolbox meetings and conduct a monthly safety inspection of the work area based on the schedule set by Management.
- Grade 12
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or National N6 Diploma with Government Certificate of Competency (NQF 8)
- Minimum five years working experience in a mining environment, of which at least two years should have been in a supervisory capacity
- Valid Code BE driver’s licence
- Experience in Engineering Maintenance is required
- Experience with construction, project management and execution will be an advantage
- Women and persons from marginalised communities are encouraged to apply
How to ApplyClosing date: January 25, 2024
713 total views, 2 today