Full Time Maintenance Assistant Team B at DEBMARINE NAMIBIA
As the world leader in marine diamond mining, we take pride in employing cutting-edge technology and exceptional people skills. Debmarine Namibia offers exciting careers in a performance-driven culture that makes a meaningful contribution to the overall success of the company.
Applications are invited for the position of Maintenance Assistant. The successful incumbent will be responsible to carry out various duties necessary for safe and efficient engineering maintenance and will be required to spend 28 days at sea followed by 28 days ashore.
THE ROLE OF A MAINTENANCE ASSISTANT:
- Assists the artisans with repairs and maintenance as directed
- Assists with rigging of heavy machinery
- Acts as fire watch when instructed
- Operating lifting gear
- Continuous housekeeping
THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES ARE KEY TO THIS POSITION:
- Using hand tools
- Understanding of components and their functions
- Grade 12 pass with 20 points or more in 5 subjects (including a pass in English)
- 1 year relevant working experience
- Exposure to basic engineering skills is advantageous
Preference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act.
How to ApplyWOMEN AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY CLOSING DATE: 02 SEPTEMBER 2023
520 total views, 1 today