Full Time Maintenance & Packaging Manager at Namibia Dairies
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Packaging Maintenance, Lands & Buildings, and technical compliance specialist is responsible for preventative maintenance and emergency repairs for all Packaging equipment, including the electronic programming on PLCs and quality compliance of fillers to ensure expected shelf life is met. These duties include maintaining specialised filling equipment (Tetra Pak/Filmatic), mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and electronic systems, debaggers, conveyors, and other downstream equipment such as the UHT line Helix, Cardboard Packer, and Cap Applicator unit: filmatic boilers, and air compressors. This position also entails the housekeeping of the factory facility e.g., general lands and buildings, electrical fencing, solar panels, cooling units, and from time to time attending to forklift maintenance as part of the scope.
- Equipment uptime: Measure the percentage of time the equipment is operational without breakdowns or failures..
- Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF): To assess reliability, measure the average time between equipment failures.
- Mean Time to Repair (MTTR): Measure the average time taken to repair equipment after a failure occurs.
- Maintenance Cost per Equipment: Track the cost of maintenance activities per piece of equipment to ensure cost-effectiveness.
- Emergency Response Time: Measure the time taken to respond to and address emergency repairs to minimize production downtime.
- Supplier Satisfaction Rating: Assess and maintain good relationships with suppliers through regular feedback and satisfaction scores.
- Preventive Maintenance Compliance: Monitor adherence to scheduled preventive maintenance tasks to avoid unplanned breakdowns.
- Corrective Action Completion: Track and ensure accurate and timely completion of fault-finding reports.
- First-Time Fix Rate: Measure the percentage of repairs that are successfully completed on the first attempt.
- Equipment Efficiency: Evaluate equipment performance to identify areas for improvement or necessary alterations.
- Planned vs. Unplanned Maintenance Ratio: Analyze the proportion of planned maintenance activities to unplanned, reactive maintenance.
- Work Order Completion Rate: Track the completion rate of work orders to ensure timely repairs and maintenance.
- Apprenticeship Program Success: Assess the effectiveness of the apprenticeship program through job coaching and training outcomes.
- Equipment Downtime Due to Maintenance: Measure the total downtime caused by maintenance activities.
- Benchmarking Performance: Compare maintenance KPIs and practices against other plants in the group or external operations to identify areas for improvement.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES:
- A national diploma in engineering (Mechanical/Electrical/Industrial) or a minimum of 5-8 years of experience.
- Experience in operating machinery and maintaining.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Quality Assurance expertise
- Dairy production skills
- Financial acumen
- Change management and operational skills.
- Leadership and communication skills
- Analytical ability and data analysis
- Research ability
- Planning and organizing.
- Passion for the industry
How to Apply
The company ONLY accept applications vis their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:Apply online via: O&L Career Portal
Closing Date: 29 August 2023
592 total views, 1 today