18 Oct 2023
Full Time Maintenance Superintendent: Acid and Ancillary Plants – Dundee Precious Metals
The incumbent will report to the Manager: Maintenance and be accountable for:
- Ensure compliance to all Legal, Health, Safety and Environment standards and policies as well as promote a safety culture in area of accountability.
- Lead by example through compliance with the company purpose and values.
- Ensure availability and reliability of the acid plant and ancillary plants (and coordinate with colleagues to ensure the uptime of the system as a whole) to achieve the business objectives of the company
- On-going compliance, development, implementation and improvement of the Asset Management Program and System as well as support the DPM business objectives in compliance with ISO 55000 series requirements.
- Lead and manage the designated function or division while adhering to DPM policies, procedures, and rules.
- Serve as the legally appointed Maintenance Superintendent for designated area of accountability and ensure full compliance with statutory provisions and DPM standards regulating the safety of personnel as well as machinery.
- The design, installation, commissioning, maintenance of machinery, systems, associated automation control and protection systems in the production environment.
- Review and approve all engineering deliverables (including but not limited to drawings, specifications, equipment, components, and systems).
- Problem solving through root cause analysis and continuous improvement.
- Facilitate the ongoing development of knowledge, skills, and personal growth of team members there by creating a high-performance team.
- Budget compilation, control, and management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A recognised Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current) or equivalent NQF Level 7 qualification.
- A postgraduate qualification NQF Level 8 in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or Business Administration may be an added advantage.
- Registration as a Professional Mechanical or Electrical Engineer or eligibility to register
- A minimum of 10 years engineering maintenance work experience in a mining and ore processing industry or other heavy industry.
- A minimum of 5 years’ management experience at Paterson D-lower level accompanied by suitable management development programs.
- Strong maintenance and asset management background and all-round engineering experience. (Previous Acid Plant Maintenance experience will be an added advantage).
- Experience on mines, ore processing plants, smelters, acid plants, mills and concentrators will be a definite advantage
- Advanced knowledge and experience working within a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) or Enterprise Asset Management Systems (EAMS).
- Knowledge and experience of design, installation, commissioning, maintenance of mechanical and electrical machinery and systems
- Knowledge of associated automation, control, and protection systems in a production environment.
- Knowledge and experience in applicable legislation, regulations, standards, and codes of practice.
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Projects, Enterprise Management Systems and Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Code B Driver’s License.
How to Apply
All applications meeting the minimum requirements must be accompanied by a nonreturnable detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of qualifications and identification documents (ID). Applications should clearly indicate the position being applied for and should be sent as one PDF attachment. Applications not adhering to these rules will not be considered.
Please forward applications to the email::Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 26 October 2023- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted - Applicants, who are not contacted within two weeks after the closing date, should consider their application unsuccessful. - Dundee Precious Metals Tsumeb is an Equal Opportunity Employer
333 total views, 2 today