Full Time Manager: Internal Advisor – Meat Corporation of Namibia Ltd
Purpose of the Job
To oversee and ensure the effectiveness, efficiency, and compliance of Meatco’s internal audit function. The Manager: Internal Audit plays a crucial role in identifying and mitigating risks, improving internal controls, and contributing to the overall success and integrity of the organisation by ensuring that its operations align with internal audit standards, corporate governance, and regulatory requirements.
Key Performance Areas
- Ensure that the Internal Audit Function (IAF) aligns and complies with the Standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and the Internal Audit Charter.
- Overall planning, organising, and monitoring of internal audit operations.
- Coach, mentor and develop internal audit staff in terms of internal audit technical areas, general business acumen, all corporate governance elements and soft skills.
- Develop and maintain professional and conducive relations with clients/auditees/management and the internal audit staff.
- Perform duties essential to attain internal audit goals by coordinating it with various business units and other stakeholders.
- Involved with and contribute to the development of the business as a whole in terms of strategies, and corporate governance elements like compliance and risk management, whilst ensuring continuous independence of the IAF.
- Attend to ad hoc requests from the Executives, CEO, Audit and Risk Committee and the Board whilst ensuring continuous independence of the IAF.
- Prepare the annual internal audit plan for submission to the Audit and Risk Committee for approval.
- Prepare quarterly reports of all internal audit activities to the Audit and Risk Committee and attend Audit and Risk Committee meetings to present the report.
- Implement the annual internal audit plan with the assistance of the internal audit staff and ensure that appropriate quality is maintained during planning, execution of fieldwork and reporting of assignments by coaching internal audit staff and reviewing internal audit planning documents, working papers and audit reports.
Competency and Skill Requirements
- Postgraduate degree in Internal Auditing or Accounting.
- Certified Internal Auditor.
- Five (5) years experience in internal auditing in a managerial position.
- Experience in manufacturing industry will be an added advantage.
- Self-motivated, team player and able to work with limited supervision.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Should have excellent time management, problem solving, analytical and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Be able to communicate and interact effectively on senior executive and director level.
- Manage, coach and develop subordinates.
- Valid drivers’ license.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter to:Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 27 October 2023
404 total views, 2 today