Full Time Manager: Occupational Health at DUNDEE PRECIOUS METALS
The vacancy below is now available at Dundee Precious Metals Tsumeb.
The incumbent will report to the Director: Sustainability and Business Transformation and will be accountable for:
• Health, Safety and Environment and Company Values: Ensure all Health, Safety and Environment standards and policies are adhered to and lead by example through compliance with the company purpose and values.
• Statutory Compliance: Develop and maintain systems to comply with all statutory requirements and ensures that team members execute statutory surveillance, inspections and reporting to the highest standards to ensures compliance to company policies, statutory requirements, and legislation.
• Occupational Health and Safety Policy and OHS Organizational / Management
Aspects: Serve as Chief Medical Advisor to the Vice President and Managing Director and provide strategic and technical advisory support to the business and as a subject matter expert on Occupational Health and Hygiene matters.
• Cost Management and Budgetary Control: Assign and allocate financial resources in line with approved budget including identifying, forecasting, and tracking budget variances for all activities in area of accountability.
• Incident Management and Emergency Preparedness: Lead investigations and assess all grievances, complaints and cases of suspected occupational diseases, and review, update and support disaster management plans for the site, in collaboration with the Emergency Response Department.
• Occupational Medicine (medical surveillance, biological monitoring, and fitness to work adjudication): Ensure that the medical screening program (periodical, entry, exit and transfer medical surveillance; fitness to work; linking workplace exposures to personal health records) is in place, in accordance with company standards, and procedures and legal requirements.
• People Leadership and Development: Lead a team of Occupational Health, Hygiene and Wellness professionals and administrators, including developing young professionals to fulfill job requirements and ensure all training requirements are identified and implemented to ensure skills transfer.
• Management of Injuries and Occupational Diseases: Review Injury on Duty (IOD), occupational disease and similar work-related cases and provide recommendations to manage them.
• Ensure that systems are in place to measure, prevent and mitigate health risks, through regular review of control effectiveness and improvement of controls, with an objective of zero occupational illnesses and diseases.
• Continuous Improvement: Continuously review, explore, and adopt latest technology and methods available, to ensure effectiveness of the Occupational Health and Hygiene Management programme.
• Employee Wellbeing and Assistance Program: Provide guidance and support to the development and maintenance of workplace wellness and health programs and initiatives.
• Case Management: Manage cases of medical incapacity and including referral to, or interaction with, specialists in appropriate fields of medical practice, and liaising with internal stakeholders, coordinating medical tribunals, as per incapacity case procedure and ensuring all required information is prepared and available.
• Stakeholder Engagement: Maintain effective stakeholder engagement and communications with key internal and external stakeholders; government, municipality officials, employees and contractors, community and health professionals and service providers, amongst others.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• A recognized Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBChB) degree.
• Must be registered with a Professional Body as an Occupational Medical Practitioner.
• A post-graduate qualification specializing in Occupational Medicine will be a distinct advantage.
• A minimum of 8 years working experience serving the mining, smelting, ore processing industry or similar heavy industry, of which 3 years should be in leadership
at Paterson D-Upper level accompanied by suitable management development programs.
• Knowledge of Occupational Health and Hygiene Management, Risk Management, Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Auditing.
• Must be detail-oriented, with a high sense of accuracy and ability to meet deadlines.
• Strategic effectiveness, external engagement, managing change, commercial focus, operational delivery, and business focused collaboration.
• Strong data analysis and reporting capabilities is highly desired.
• Computer literate (Microsoft Office Package) with good PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel skills.
• Code B Driver’s License.
How to ApplyAll applications meeting the minimum requirements must be accompanied by a nonreturnable detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of qualifications and identification documents (ID). Applications should clearly indicate the position being applied for and should be sent as one PDF attachment. Applications not adhering to these rules will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please forward applications to email: firstname.lastname@example.org CLOSING DATE: THURSDAY, 02 November 2023, 16H00 PM Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applicants, who are not contacted within two weeks after the closing date, should consider their application unsuccessful. Dundee Precious Metals Tsumeb is an Equal Opportunity Employer
172 total views, 1 today