Full Time Manager: Project Management Office (PMO) at Dundee Precious Metals
The incumbent manages the Project Management Office (PMO) to deliver project objectives within constraints of time, quality, and cost, while meeting all the Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) requirements. The incumbent manages the project teams’ activities, policy, procedures, and processes and collaborates with business stakeholders and third parties to achieve objectives. The incumbent will report to the Director: Technical Services and shall be accountable for:
Health, Safety and Environment and Company Values:
- Ensure all Health, Safety and Environment standards and policies are adhered to and lead by example through compliance with the company purpose and values.
- Manage capital projects including study work, engineering, procurement, scheduling, construction, and commissioning, to ensure that all activities comply with the client or sponsor’s requirements and are performed in the most efficient way, meeting the deadlines and staying within the budget.
- Manage the preparation and execution of the contracts related with projects including Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) and Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management (EPCM) contracts and any other work required to be contracted to external entities.
- Communicate and collaborate with team leaders and project managers on projectrelated initiatives and coordinate the management of project resources to ensure there is a general understanding of the projects and work is carried out in a safe, environmentally responsible, and efficient manner.
- Approve all project expenditures within the approved budget and as per the rules of delegation in the company and manage project cost by developing and maintaining project cost control plans, including identifying and tracking budget variances for all the work related with all projects.
Project Controls Management:
- Draft new and improve existing project management office policies and processes including developing and maintaining processes to accurately document the project’s creation, development, and execution, as well as document the project’s scope, budget, and justification, including accurate and timeous recording of company reports, schedules and documentation.
People Leadership and Development:
- Manage the team of project engineers responsible for building and infrastructure maintenance, including developing young project engineers and graduates to fulfill job requirements and ensure all training requirements are identified and implemented as part of project handovers.
- Draft new and improve existing project management office policies and processes to ensure safe design and execution of projects and ensure all the work is performed to the highest standards of safety for both team members and contractors.
- Develop and maintain systems to comply with all statutory requirements and that ensures that team members execute statutory inspections to the highest standards to ensure statutory inspections are complied with and conducted on time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A recognized Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent at NQF Level 7.
- A post graduate qualification in engineering or in Project Management, Business Management or Leadership at NQF Level 8 or higher will be an added advantage.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer with the Engineering Council of Namibia will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 12 years of relevant post-qualification experience in engineering and projects work in the mining, ore processing industry or similar industry is required; including capital management and the delivery of significant projects.
- A minimum of 5 years management experience at D-Upper level or equivalent
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project and the relevant discipline Computer-Aided Drawing (CAD), Planning and Estimating applications.
- In-depth knowledge of the engineering and construction specifications, standards, and codes for the relevant discipline.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office 360 suite and business systems (cost and budget management, safety health and environmental management, procurement, and inventory management, as well as human resources management systems)
- Code B Driver’s License.
How to Apply
All applications meeting the minimum requirements must be accompanied by a nonreturnable detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of qualifications and identification documents (ID). Applications should clearly indicate the position being applied for and should be sent as one PDF attachment. Applications not adhering to these rules will not be considered.
Please forward applications to the email::Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 18 October 2023- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted - Applicants, who are not contacted within two weeks after the closing date, should consider their application unsuccessful. - Dundee Precious Metals Tsumeb is an Equal Opportunity Employer
556 total views, 1 today