Full Time Manager Projects at Rossing Uranium
As pioneers in mining, we produce materials essential to human progress. Our talented workforce uses industry-leading mining processes and technology to ensure our operations are safe, low cost and efficient. We have an opportunity available: An exciting opportunity exists for a Manager: Projects reporting to the General Manager: Asset Management. The primary purpose of this role is to provide strategic leadership and direction to the projects department to ensure successful implementation of projects at Rössing Uranium Limited.
Key Performance Areas:
- Maintains HSE standards with commitment to reduce injuries and implement HSE improvement plans;
- Develops & implements strategies to improve leadership and employee productivity in area of responsibility;
- Conducts research whether the project is feasible and if it should be undertaken and conduct testing of the project in which that will be completed;
- Ensures appropriate allocation of resources to each project and measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques;
- Ensures project schedules and activities are aligned with the project management plan;
- Ensures project closure requirements are adhered to;
- Ensures all areas of accountability operate in accordance with the approved budgets providing financial report forecasts as required;
- Develops and maintains a continuous improvement culture within the Projects department where all employees are encouraged and supported to improve the workplace.
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12 Certificate;
- A recognized Bachelor degree (NQF level 7/8) OR National Diploma in (NQF Level 6) in an Engineering discipline;
- Project Management diploma or post graduate diploma in Project Management
- Leadership qualification;
- For Degree Holders: A minimum of ten (10) years post qualification working experience in a mining, processing, and projects environment, of which 5 years should have been on a leadership role;
- For Diploma Holders: A minimum of fifteen (15) years post qualification working experience in a mining, processing, and projects environment, of which 5 years should have been on a leadership role;
- Experience in managing capital budgets in excess of N$ 100 million per annum on multidisciplinary projects and Leadership skills suited to manage a diverse team;
- A valid Code B driver’s licence;
- A Police certificate of conduct not older than six months is required. A record will not automatically disqualify candidates.
- Basic understanding of mining engineering principles.
- Proficiency in project management methodologies and tools.
- Understanding the basics of mineral processing methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of budgeting (CAPEX and OPEX), cost estimation, and financial analysis.
- Data analysis and reporting skills.
- Negotiation skills in managing contracts
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to manage and lead teams.
How to Apply
The company ONLY accept application via their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:Apply online via: Rossing Uranium Career Portal
Closing Date: 29 September 2023
67 total views, 2 today