Full Time Manager Stakeholder Engagement and Marketing at Namibia Port Authority
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To lead and direct the development and execution of Namport’s stakeholder engagement, external communications and branding strategies, for the progressive improvement of the company’s brand visibility, locally, regionally and globally; and build and maintain positive relationships with clients and stakeholders in support of Namport’s overall strategic objectives. The position plays a crucial role in strengthening organisational brand positioning and stakeholder experiences, in an ever-evolving industry, as well as assuring effectiveness and consistency in building and defending Namport’s brand and reputation in all aspects of its activities. The position reports directly to the Executive: Commercial..
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Drive and account for the development, implementation, monitoring and review of the functional strategy and business annual plan in support of the Namport’s long, medium- and short-term strategies
- Develop and manage the divisional annual OPEX and CAPEX budget and expenditure and ensure cost effectiveness and value for Namport
- Develop and manage the implementation of an appropriate stakeholder engagement strategy for Namport to strengthen stakeholder engagement
- Support and facilitate the execution of the stakeholder engagement strategy through policy and guidelines development, promotion of dialogue through appropriate platforms as well as the promotion of core functions of Namport
- Coordinate the establishment of relevant partnerships and direct the coordination of national and international stakeholder engagements and all associated activities
- Develop and manage the implementation of an appropriate public relations and external communications strategy for all official communication and appropriate approaches and monitor implementation for continuous improvement.
- Define and direct the structure of all external communications through proactive development of guidelines and standards and oversee for the maintenance of Namport website and social media platforms.
- Develop a communication network with all relevant stakeholders; and identify, anticipate, evaluate and respond to media and other stakeholders
- Serve as the focal spokesperson and contact of external communications and media relations for Namport and ensure that stakeholder relationships are appropriately managed.
- Develop, implement and monitor a robust branding and marketing strategy for Namport and account for the preparation of Namport’s collateral materials and brand manuals to consistently enhance the desired brand among local, regional and global stakeholders.
- Oversee the planning and delivery of all advertising activities, campaigns and schedules; and consistently analyse and measure the effectiveness of the company’s existing marketing strategies and projects
- Develop an appropriate Corporate Social Investment Strategy for Namport, including a relevant and impactful flagship program(s) that would strengthen Namport’s footprints in the communities.
- Manage the Namport Social Investment Fund to ensure effectiveness of CSI activities and that all its activities are coordinated and executed in a transparent and timely manner
- Account for the identification and development of relevant external corporate reporting and publications, i.e., annual report, pamphlets, briefs, ensuring relevant content, accuracy and professionalism at all times.
- Oversee the planning and execution of all Namport’s corporate events.
- Lead, mentor, and motivate a team of technical/ functional professionals within the division to provide exceptional specialised support and services.
- Develop, drive, implement and maintain robust strategies/ plans for technical/ functional standards, systems and processes for improved service delivery and operational efficiency.
- Prepare and present top management with reports on team performance, service levels, and customer satisfaction.
- Drive, facilitate the monitor all functional risk management interventions activities to ensure business continuity.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- An Honours Degree [NQF Level 8] in Marketing, Public Relations, Communication or equivalent.
- A Master’s Degree [NQF Level 9] in Marketing, Public Relations, Communication, Business Administration or equivalent would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of seven (7) years relevant technical experience in marketing, public relations/ external communications, stakeholder engagement, of which 3-years should have been in management, specialist or senior supervisory capacity.
- Proven solid experience in the delivery and development of external communication and stakeholder engagement strategies, particularly in relations to difficult and complex issues with sometimes competing stakeholder interests.
- Proven strong experience in the delivery of robust branding and marketing campaigns, preferably in organisations with global footprints and diverse markets
- Proven experience in driving process improvements and optimising service delivery workflows
- Charismatic, confident, eloquent and possessing a strong ability to collaborate effectively, maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders and build strong customer relationships.
- Well-developed account management, project management and service planning skills.
- Versatile, flexible, decisive, resilient with the ability to thrive in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment, adapting to evolving business needs
- Excellent leadership and people management skills, with the ability to inspire, motivate and develop a diverse team.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret data and metrics to drive operational improvements.
How to Apply
The company ONLY accept applications via their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:Apply online via: Namport Career Portal
Closing Date: 25 August 2023- Namport is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing world-class port services to all local, regional and international seaborne traders, through excellent customer service, sustainable growth, development and social responsibility. Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. - All foreign qualifications should be evaluated by NQA.
522 total views, 1 today