Full Time Manager Technical Services at Namibia Port Authority
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To plan, lead and direct the Technical function through the development and provision of maintenance management service of land-based equipment (e.g., Mobile Cranes, Trucks, Substation Lighting Facilities, etc.) in order to ensure the highest level of maintenance, readiness, and repair and to keep the operational viability of the terminal facilities and all operations handling equipment. The Technical Manager’s leadership and continuous improvement efforts play a vital role in the success and competitiveness of port operations within the very dynamic port industry. The position reports directly to the Executive: Port Operations.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Lead, mentor, and motivate a team of technical professionals within the technical division to provide exceptional technical support and services.
- Develop, drive, implement and maintain robust strategies/ plans for technical standards, systems, and processes, to improve service delivery processes and operational efficiency.
- Perform medium and long-term planning for asset purchase, refurbishment, and disposal to maintain overall asset integrity and ensure achievement of operational targets, considering total cost of ownership
- Manage resource availability and maintenance
- Develop, implement and maintain a preventative maintenance strategies and programs to ensure that all equipment are in an excellent working condition at all times
- Implement the best practices and innovation within the industry and internationally to ensure continuous improvement within the organization
- Provide direction and support to ensure compliance with relevant SHEQ policies & procedures, enforcing safe working practices and promoting a safe workplace.
- Set performance goals and provide regular feedback to team members to drive continuous improvement.
- Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to track team performance and take corrective actions as needed
- Maintain a deep understanding of the company’s infrastructure, equipment, and services to effectively address customer inquiries and technical challenges.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure smooth and effective communication, coordination, and resolution of customer issues.
- Maintain current knowledge of evolving technologies and industry best practises while recommending innovative ways to improve service offerings.
- Prepare and present top management with reports on team performance, service levels, and customer satisfaction.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- An Honours Degree [NQF Level 8] or equivalent in field of Mechanical Engineering or a related technical field
- A minimum of seven (7) years relevant professional experience, of which three (3) years should have been in a specialist or supervisory capacity.
- Must be a registered Professional Engineer with solid technical/ engineering background and knowledge of industry-standard technologies, with the ability to understand complex technical concepts.
- Previous relevant experience in a similar role, within the Port and/or Maritime industry will be an added advantage.
- Certifications in Project Management is an advantage.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate a diverse team
- Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making abilities, with a focus on delivering excellent customer service
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and build strong customer relationships
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret data and metrics to drive operational improvements.
- Proven experience in driving process improvements and optimizing service delivery workflows.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment, adapting to evolving business needs.
- Excellent project management skills
- Must be versatile, flexible and decisive.
How to Apply
The company ONLY accept applications via their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:Apply online via: Namport Career Portal
Closing Date: 25 August 2023- Namport is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing world-class port services to all local, regional and international seaborne traders, through excellent customer service, sustainable growth, development and social responsibility. Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. - All foreign qualifications should be evaluated by NQA.
580 total views, 1 today