Full Time Managing Director – Old Mutual Finance (Lending and Transactional Business) – Old Mutual Namibia
The role requires leading a fast growing lending business with ambitions to move into transactional banking. The Managing Director is required to provide transformative leadership of the business and is a member of the Old Mutual Africa Banking forum. The Managing Director key responsibilities are nurturing and protection of our core business, while unlocking new growth engines to remain our customers first choice.
- Provide overall leadership and vision in developing sustainable long-term profitability, growth, and strategic direction for the Banking and lending business in Namibia, and driving attainment of associated targets;
- Design and implement the strategy, operating model, product and channel initiatives to strengthen the banking and lending proposition within the Group;
- Support efforts of the Group to extend competitive integrated financial solutions to current and new customers and customer segments.
- Develop new business for the unit and, as a senior leader, be involved in developing and / or providing leads to new business for other units.
- Retains and maintains existing business directly as well as through other managers and their teams;
- Accountable for thought leadership and best practice in response to external environment;
- Strong focus on setting direction and achieving results through building a strong team;
- Drives operational excellence and high performance through the deployment of appropriate systems, processes and people practices for the area of responsibility.
- Ensure sound prudential practices relating to banking and lending that include management of capital, liquidity, credit, and market risk are adhered to.
- Supervise and oversee regulatory compliance for the banking and lending business
- Actively contribute to the performance of Old Mutual Namibia, and that of the Old Mutual Africa Regions Banking Portfolio, as a member of both the Country and Line of Business Executive Committees
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree (NQF 7);
- Relevant Post Graduate qualification preferred (i.e., Banking, Commercial, Accountancy etc);
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in a banking environment of which 5 years should be executive management experience;
- Fostering key strategic relationships with partners, regulatory bodies and strategic stakeholders.;
- Demonstrated experience of transformational leadership, developing a high performance culture and leading successful teams;
- Pro-activeness and strong negotiation skills;
- Exceptional Communication Skills;
- Strong written and presentation skills;
- Strong in strategic thinking and execution.
How to Apply
The company ONLY accept applications vis their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:Apply online via: Old Mutual Career Portal
Closing Date: 30 November 2023
114 total views, 5 today