25 Nov 2023
Full Time Office: Procurement – Swakop Uranium
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To execute the daily Procurement operations in accordance with Swakop Uranium (SU) policies and procedures, to ensure the timely and cost effective supply of goods and services to the mine / plant.
Key Performance Areas:
- Organize resources into a series of planned activities in order to achieve specified outcomes in a defined time period/span.
- Co-ordinate negotiations with major suppliers in an effort to obtain more advantageous terms of business.
- Draft a robust contract that accurately captures the commercial and legal terms, agreed between the Company and related supplier.
- Manage the contractual relationship with the supplier to maximize benefit for both the Company and the supplier, track and monitor compliance with contractual obligations, and maintain accurate and up-to-date contract records.
- Respond to customer needs by placing orders and resolving issues and monitoring Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Negotiate preferred supplier discounts.
- Provide bidding and contract assistance as queries may arise, ensuring a cost effective and quality service.
- Monitor and evaluate the supplier base, avoiding purchases from non-approved vendors.
- Control dealings with suppliers related to the commercial aspect of the contractual agreement.
- Prepare the required procurement reports and statistics to comply with all company and statutory / external requirements.
- Verification of supplier invoices and supporting documentation in line with contractual agreements and submit to relevant section for Goods Receipt.
- Prepare payment approval for Finance processing.
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12 or current NSSCO with 20 points over 5 subjects.
- B-Tech / Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain management / Procurement Management or related field.
- 3 Years’ procurement experience in coordinating and expediting procurement process to point of delivery.
- Experience in dealing with Suppliers, Buyers and End Users.
- Experience in purchase order management and administration.
- Experience in using office support systems (e.g. SAP).
- Sound experience of supply chain management practices and principles
- Experience in contract management will be an added advantage.
- Relevant Exposure in the Mining Industry would be an added advantage.
- Code B or BE/ CE Driver’s License.
How to Apply
The company ONLY accept application via their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:Apply online via: Swakop Uranium Career Portal
Closing Date: 05 December 2023
373 total views, 1 today