11 Nov 2023
Full Time Operations Manager – Old Mutual Namibia
- Manage the OMSIC operations team which includes assessors, procurement, training and legal functionalities..
- Set and maintain standards for the OMSIC operational functionalities, including system and infrastructure.
- Participate in, provide strategic insight to and assist the OMSIC EXCO in delivering on OMSIC’s strategic objectives.
- Collaborate with other OMSIC divisions to unlock efficiencies in OMSIC.
- Ensure that OMSIC Standard of Practice (SOPS) are in place and that these are being adhered to across the business.
- Equip the operations team to successfully implement OMSIC’s strategic objectives and maintain a high standard of service delivery to OMSIC clients.
- Interpret statistics and monthly reports to make appropriate operational decisions for OMSIC.
- Maintain accountability to corporate governance at all levels of operation.
- Liaise, consult and negotiate with internal as well as external stakeholders such as intermediaries, auditors, legal counsel, regulators, reinsurers and suppliers.
- Manage the HR function for the operations team as well as all day-to-day staff administration.
- Assist with the review and implementation of new systems/system upgrades as and when they occur.
- Identify ways in which to improve on internal efficiencies.
- Assist OMSIC peers in ensuring that initiatives and projects are delivered timeously and effectively.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Namibian citizen.
- Tertiary qualification in industrial engineering, business, law or finance.
- At least five years of managerial experience, including project management.
- Ability to operate at a Tactical Strategy level of cognitive development with a proven track record of success in executing strategic objectives.
- Computer literacy, good numeric skills and excellent MS Office skills are essential.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently, be proactive and provide strategic insight.
- Excellent written and verbal communication as well as organisational skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal relationship skills.
- Ability to identify and develop business opportunities; and
- Ability to operate within relevant regulatory requirements.
How to Apply
The company ONLY accept applications vis their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:Apply online via: Old Mutual Career Portal
Closing Date: 23 November 2023
276 total views, 2 today