10 Oct 2023
Full Time Operator: Pasta at Namib Mills (Pty) Ltd
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Operating all pasta machines to ensure effective and smooth production and packing of pasta.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Get instructions from the Supervisor on what to pack.
- Start up and set up all packaging machines.
- Fit and align the correct film roll on all packaging machines.
- Ensure that packets are cut at the correct place and adjust if necessary.
- Ensure packets are sealed correctly and properly on transversal and longitudinal seams.
- Adjust the welding temperatures and welding times if required on all packaging machines.
- Check print quality of packets and report defects.
- Set date and ensure that the date is stamped clearly and at the correct place on the packets. Adjust if necessary. Ensure correct date message is printed..
- Select the correct silo with the correct product to pack from and start feeding to the packaging machines.
- Check and adjust the weights if necessary and start conveyors.
- Start and test metal detectors as well as check weighers and report any defects immediately to the supervisor.
- Packing with the automatic bundling machine. Start machine, fit and adjust the correct equipment.
- Adjust width of guides and roller guides.
- Fit and adjust the correct shrink film.
- Program the correct configuration and/or load the correct recipe.
- Allow machine to reach operating temperature and test welding seal.
- Start automatic bundling machine and check that the balers are formed correctly.
- Check that the correct labels are applied to the balers.
- If packing 20kg or 30 kg, start machines and select correct weight. Use correct bags, and correct labels.
- Ensure correct best before/expiry date is written on labels.
- Ensure pallet packers use correct (green or blue) pallets.
- Handle and sort out all the alarms and problems at storage and packaging area.
- Keep packaging machines and surrounding areas clean and maintain good housekeeping.
- Report any defects to the Supervisor.
- Assist with stock taking.
- Ensure production samples are taken as per procedure (NMPP-F04).
- Complete the Production Samples & Metal Detector Checks as per procedure.
- Carry out any tasks given by the superiors.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Grade 12 (NQF4)
- 2 years’ relevant experience in a technical environment
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Must work shifts
- Namibian citizen
- Availability to work overtime, weekends and holidays
How to Apply
CV’S WITH FULL DETAILS (not larger than 2MB) CAN BE FORWARDED TO:Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Subject line for applications for the vacancy should be: NMPP031023 – OPERATOR: PASTA Only applications with this subject line will be considered - Namib Mills (Pty) Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. - Previously Disadvantaged Namibians (PDN) and women are encouraged to apply. - IT IS IMPERATIVE TO NOTE THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS
Closing Date: 17 October 2023
310 total views, 5 today