Full Time Performance Reporting Accountant – Assets at DEBMARINE NAMIBIA
Performance Reporting Accountant – Assets
- Dr Frans Indongo Str, nr 10, Windhoek, Namibia
As the world leader in marine diamond recovery, we take pride in employing cutting-edge technology and exceptional people skills. Debmarine Namibia offers exciting careers in a performance-driven culture that makes a meaningful contribution to the overall success of the Company.
Debmarine Namibia requires the services of a Performance Reporting Accountant: Asset Maintenance. The primary role of this position is to provide accurate financial information and to advice engineers, technical specialists and management as well as to assist with managing the asset maintenance costs and related activities in the Company. To be the asset maintenance financial expert, responsible for overseeing all financial aspects of asset maintenance activities by liaising with all key stakeholders in management of asset maintenance cost in the Company.
The successful incumbent will be required to travel to the company operations sites i.e., Lüderitz Warehouse, Cape Town, Ports, and Vessels to carry out duties in relation to asset maintenance functions and activities.
IN YOUR ROLE AS PERFORMANCE REPORTING ACCOUNTANT: ASSET MAINTENANCE, YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO:
- Scrutinises costs recorded for accuracy and identifies re-allocations of costs.
- Ensures that working costs do not contain amounts that need to be classified as fixed assets by drawing and reviewing relevant reports.
- Ensures that cost forecasts are accurate and that forecast changes are complete and valid by drawing and reviewing relevant reports
- Reviews the overall financial performance of the various units and vessels and advise management on appropriate interventions to improve cost effectiveness.
- Conducts ad hoc investigations related to the cost effectiveness and provide feedback to relevant managers.
- Monitors relevant mechanisms to ensure adequate controls are in place to manage asset maintenance costs.
- Liaises with De Beers Marine, Namdeb and De Beers Central Head Quarters on management and cost accounting issues.
- Performs Life cycle costing of all major components to enable informed decisions are made before major maintenance overhauls or repairs.
- Conducts detailed cost analysis of asset maintenance activities and identify cost drivers, trends and opportunities for cost savings.
- Assists engineers with accurate financial information to make decision regarding repairs of assets or acquiring new assets.
- Scrutinises all asset repairs and acquisition and identify which cost is operating expense and which are capital in nature.
- Scrutinises in-port repair lists and do necessary work to ensure only viable components are repaired and identify those that need to be sold / auctioned off.
- Liaises with internal stakeholders to ascertain the workshop and maintenance repairs budget is accurate and relevant.
- Liaises with internal stakeholders on a monthly basis to monitor progress on workshop and asset maintenance spending and ascertain that maintenance and repairs budgets are accurate.
- Reviews costs as per the reservation and commitment reports and liaise with engineers to ensure all items on the list are valid and delivery dates are accurate.
- Identifies all cost misallocations and ensure corrective actions are in place to prevent this from recurring.
- Monitors actual cost performance against budget and outlook and provide variance analysis to support decision making.
- Plans, facilitates and co-ordinates the annual budget process by liaising with budget holders and guiding them to compile an accurate and valid budget.
- Provides guidance to the budget holders to assist in the upload of the annual working cost budget to SAP
- Performs trend analysis to assist budget holders in compiling a sound and reasonable budget.
- Analyses cost variances between current forecast and budget and makes recommendations where necessary.
- Ensure that adequate controls exist that will allow for the preparation of a valid and complete annual budget and information received can be supported.
- Prepares monthly cost reports, quarterly cost reports and ad hoc cost reports timely and ensures they contain accurate and relevant information.
- Provides management with information to assist in decision making by:
- Preparing monthly management cost reports which are presented and discussed at monthly cost meetings.
- Identifying and investigate cost variances and forecast costs trends, and if required, develop corrective action plans in conjunction with management;
- Providing advise on performance and financial information;
- Ensuring that appropriate reports are available from SAP to assist management in accessing and extracting relevant information.
THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES ARE KEY TO THIS POSITION:
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Application of superior digital skills
- Knowledge of Namibian Labour Law
- Formulating strategies and concepts
- Liaison and interpersonal skills at all levels
- Planning, coordinating and administrative skills
- Effective communication and Problem solving skills
- Budgeting, report writing and project management skills
DO YOU MEET THE FOLLOWING EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS?
- Degree in Accounting or Finance with Accounting as a major subject
- Six (6) years’ experience in Accounting of which two (2) years should have been at supervisory level
- Chartered Accountant (CA) or Chartered Management Accountant (ACMA) will be an added advantage
- Previous experience in the mining environment will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of SAP operating system will be an added advantage
How to Apply
798 total views, 1 today