1 Nov 2023
Full Time Plant Control and Instrumentation Technician at B2GOLD NAMIBIA
Plant Control and Instrumentation Technician
Listing reference: b2gld_000156
Listing status: Online
Apply by: 8 November 2023
Industry: Mining & Quarrying
Job category: Engineering, Technical, Production and Manufacturing
EE position: No
The Plant Control and Instrumentation Technician is responsible for the programming, installation, maintenance, inspection, testing, and adjusting telemetry and all other instrumentation-related tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor, maintain and repair control and instrumentation systems.
- Program and/or replace microprocessors, personal computers, programmable logic controllers and devices on fixed infrastructure as required.
- Calibrate control valves, actuators, positioners, weight meters and switching devices.
- Perform the installation, modification, commissioning and validation of equipment.
- Execute root cause analysis, identify solutions and implement them.
- Where feasible, take action or make recommendations to reduce the risk of future failure.
- Ensure all special tools and equipment used during the shift are cleaned and returned to the tool store by the end of the shift.
- Coach team members and operational teams on best-in-class practices and associated technologies.
- Discuss work plans with relevant stakeholders and assess progress reports on output/projects.
Safety, Health and Environment
- Compliance with the B2Gold Golden Rules, Code of Conduct and all Policies.
- Comply with the Namibian Mining Act (Labour Act, Ordinance, Minerals Act, Explosives Act) and Regulations clauses applicable to your work area.
- Actively participate in safety and/or toolbox meetings and conduct a monthly safety inspection of the work area.
- Maintain a safe working environment and keep the assigned work area clean and tidy.
- Report all unsafe acts and conditions as well as injuries, accidents, equipment damage and near-miss incidents to the supervisor promptly.
- Minimum Grade 12 / N3 with 4 relevant technical subjects & Trade Diploma – Instrumentation
- Minimum three years post apprentice artisan/technician experience in a processing plant
- Experience in radio programming, telemetry, fire systems, security access control and CCTV
- Valid Code BE Driver’s License
- Willing to work overtime, shifts and standby duties
- Women and persons from marginalised communities are encouraged to apply
How to ApplyClosing date: November 08, 2023
716 total views, 1 today