1 Nov 2023
Full Time Plant Maintenance Fitter and Turner at B2GOLD NAMIBIA
Plant Maintenance Fitter and Turner
Listing reference: b2gld_000157
Listing status: Online
Apply by: 8 November 2023
Industry: Mining & Quarrying
Job category: Engineering, Technical, Production and Manufacturing
EE position: No
The Plant Maintenance Fitter and Turner will be responsible for performing day to day maintenance on process plant equipment’s and related infrastructure for the plant maintenance department at the B2Gold Otjikoto Mine.
- Perform overhaul, repair, installation and maintenance of mechanical equipment and components.
- Carry out day to day repairs and breakdowns within required parameters.
- Execute inspection on equipment’s for signs of wear and tear and malfunctions.
- Do risk assessments on tasks that need to be performed.
- Identify hazards and put controls in place to minimize risks.
- Keep filing and record keeping up to date e.g. job cards, tool inspections sheets etc.
Safety, Health and Environment
- Compliance with the B2Gold Golden Rules, Code of Conduct and all Policies.
- Comply with the Namibian Mining Act (Labour Act, Ordinance, Minerals Act, Explosives Act) and Regulations clauses applicable to your work area.
- Actively participate in safety and/or toolbox meetings and conduct a monthly safety inspection of the work area.
- Maintain a safe working environment and keep the assigned work area clean and tidy.
- Report all unsafe acts and conditions as well as injuries, accidents, equipment damage and near-miss incidents to the supervisor promptly.
- Minimum Grade 12 / N3 with 4 relevant technical subjects & Trade Diploma – Fitting / Fitting & Turning
- Minimum three years post apprentice artisan / technician experience
- Valid Code B driver’s licence
- Code C/CE will be an advantage
- Willing to work shifts
- Women and persons from marginalised communities are encouraged to apply
How to ApplyClosing date: November 08, 2023
760 total views, 5 today