Full Time Production Supervisor at NAMIB MILLS (PTY) LTD
An excellent career opportunity exists for interested and qualified candidates to apply for the above-mentioned position at Namib Mills (Pty) Ltd.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Control and manage overall production and all related operations at Pasta Polana to achieve quality output.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure staff, materials and equipment are planned and utilised efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Plan and coordinate maintenance interventions with production requirements, in collaboration with the Foreman: Workshop and Controller: Administration.
- Ensure breakdowns and equipment malfunctioning is attended to speedily by production and maintenance staff, assist where necessary.
- In collaboration with the Foreman Workshop, ensure general maintenance on building and equipment is done speedily.
- Problem identification and solving when staff is not able to and if necessary, stand in for personnel on leave.
- Ensure staff availability according to production and other requirements.
- Assist in developing new products and setting up new production contracts.
- Ensure timeous submission of performance reports as required and ensure that performance is measured, monitored and corrective actions are taken where necessary.
- Assist Quality Assurance with the maintenance of the Quality management and Food Safety systems.
- Handle customer complaints and corrective actions as per the Quality Management System.
- Assist with internal and external audits.
- Ensure the department compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Prepare and attend disciplinary Hearings.
- Continuously assess and improve the efficiencies of the production plant and processes.
- Develop new and existing supervisory staff as well as continuously train staff where necessary.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION
- Engineering degree (Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical) (NQF 7)
- Engineering Diploma (NQF 6) with 2-3 years relevant experience
- Millwright, Electrician N6 (NQF6) with 2-3 years relevant experience
- Valid Namibian driver’s License
- Computer literate with a good mastering of Microsoft Office
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Namibian citizen
- Must be willing and able to work shifts, weekends, call outs, overtime and public holidays
- Knowledge of ISO, HACCP and Health and Safety standards will be an advantage
How to ApplyNamib Mills (Pty) Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. Previously Disadvantaged Namibians (PDN) and women are encouraged to apply. CV’S WITH FULL DETAILS CAN BE FORWARDED TO: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (not larger than 2MB) Subject line for applications should be: NMPP060923 – PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR: PASTA Only applications with this subject line will be considered IT IS IMPERATIVE TO NOTE THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 20 SEPTEMBER 2023
182 total views, 1 today