18 Nov 2023
Full Time Risk & Compliance Officer (OMAO) – Old Mutual Namibia
- Being deployed at Line 1 and will assist the various Old Mutual Accountable Institutions in discharging their statutory reporting obligations in terms of the Financial Intelligence Act and the Prevention and Combating of Terrorist and Proliferation Activities Act.
- Implement the RMCP, determine controls and procedures to mitigate money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF) and proliferation financing (PF) risks in-line with the AML/ Counter Terrorist and Proliferation Financing (CTPF) Risk Management and Compliance Programme (RMCP).
- Design, implement and document internal procedures in order to evidence how the AI will comply with the RMCP.
- Responsible for client on-boarding, customer due diligence (CDD) and ongoing due diligence (ODD) (i.e. all record keeping responsibilities), as well as transaction monitoring;
- Receive sanctions, politically exposed persons (PEPs), suspicious transaction reports (STR), suspicious activity reports (SAR), cash transaction reports (CTR) alert investigation potential true match results.
- Investigate sanctions/PEPs/CTR/STR/SAR alerts and escalate immediately material AML, CFTP and sanction breaches, risks, risk events or material non-compliance to the Group AML Officer, inclusive of whitelisting.
- Responsible for ongoing client relationship, by performing enhanced due diligence (EDD) for PEPs and high-risk clients.
- Performing of adverse media searches on PEPs and high-risk clients.
- Obtaining business unit approval for the business relationship to continue for PEPs and high-risk clients, supported by an EDD report.
- Perform annual reviews of PEPs and high-risk clients’ status, supported by updated EDD report.
- Review and/or update the AI internal procedures annually.
- Cooperating with Group AML Officer and group Compliance Officer on requests for information, reviews, audits and investigations on the Financial Intelligence Act/AML related investigations.
- Responsible to implement employee training and development set of training material and to ensure that adequate arrangements are in place to store training material and registers of employees that attended.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Namibian Citizenship.
- AML Certificate from the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS) or similar/relevant qualification.
- 2-3 years’ experience in AML compliance.
- Strong technical skills and critical thinking.
- Good understanding of the non-banking financial services industry will be an added advantage.
- Flawless command of the English language.
- An assertive self-starter with excellent communication, organisation and presentation skills.
- The ability to work under pressure while maintaining high service levels.
- Team player.
How to Apply
The company ONLY accept applications vis their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:Apply online via: Old Mutual Career Portal
Closing Date: 25 November 2023
128 total views, 1 today