10 Oct 2023
Full Time Scheduler at Dundee Precious Metals
The incumbent will report to the Manager: Maintenance Planning and be accountable for:
- Ensure adherence to all Legal, Health, Safety and Environment standards and policies.
- Lead by example through compliance with the company purpose and values.
- Confirm availability of spare parts and other resources required for the planned maintenance work, to ready the weekly schedule.
- Coordinate in scheduling of maintenance work between various maintenance teams and resource providers.
- Provide input into the prioritization rules for maintenance scheduling to ensure that it is feasible.
- Prioritize planned and resourced work orders according to the agreed rules as defined in the Work Planning and Control Standard, typically: Asset criticality, work order type and priority and resources availability.
- Compile an optimized and realistic maintenance schedule.
- Prepare for weekly scheduling meetings with the Maintenance and Production teams and present the proposed maintenance schedule within the 7 +21 scheduling and planning window
- Compile weekly reports on overdue work orders and work management Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) i.e., schedule attainment.
- Collaborate with operators, planners, and maintainers to continuously focus work on the right values to improve plant uptime.
- Monitor and improve the scheduling function. Measure the right KPI’s.
- Coordinate resources prior to the scheduled week.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Grade 12 certificate with a minimum of 23 points.
- National trade diploma (3 years) in relevant trade to the industry
- A Project Management certificate will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience as a Maintenance Artisan/Technician, of which 3 years is working as a Maintenance Planner or Scheduler in the mining or heavy industry.
- A minimum of 5 years Supervisory experience.
- Experience in project management setup will be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in refractory relining is an added advantage.
- Advanced knowledge of MAXIMO and or similar Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) or Enterprise Asset Management System (EAMS)
- Strong technical knowledge, above average negotiation skills to achieve optimal maintenance schedules.
- Good communication (written/oral) and presentation skills.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office Suite and excellent command of Microsoft Projects).
- Code B Driver’s License.
How to Apply
All applications meeting the minimum requirements must be accompanied by a nonreturnable detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of qualifications and identification documents (ID). Applications should clearly indicate the position being applied for and should be sent as one PDF attachment. Applications not adhering to these rules will not be considered.
Please forward applications to the email::Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 18 October 2023- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted - Applicants, who are not contacted within two weeks after the closing date, should consider their application unsuccessful. - Dundee Precious Metals Tsumeb is an Equal Opportunity Employer
1096 total views, 1 today