Full Time Second Engineering Officer at DEBMARINE NAMIBIA
As the world leader in marine diamond recovery, we take pride in employing cutting-edge technology and exceptional people skills. Debmarine Namibia offers exciting careers in a performance-driven culture that makes meaningful contribution to the overall success of the Company.
Debmarine Namibia requires the services of a Second Engineering Officer. The primary role of this position is to maintain all engineering functions on-board ship including maintenance, operating of equipment and supervise watch-keeping personnel.
IN YOUR ROLE AS SECOND ENGINEERING OFFICER YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO:
- Reviews and develops all maintenance/operational procedures to ensure compliance with relevant standards.
- Monitors the maintenance off all equipment and machinery on vessel according to the planned maintenance schedule.
- Conducts regular inspections and tests to ensure the safety and seaworthiness of the ship.
- Hands over shift to the next watch and team by providing a thorough analysis of the logbook entries.
- Monitors and logs all Engine room Systems by checking gauges and completing logbooks and taking corrective action when required.
- Manages human resources to ensure availability of necessary skills by allocating work teams.
- Monitors that all engine room personnel adhere to safety regulations by conducting inspection and participate in job safety analysis and risk assessments.
- Supervises the Ratings in the Engineroom during operations.
- Class 2 Certificate of Competency (STCW’95 Second Engineering Officer)
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant experience as Watchkeeping Officer
- Knowledge of SAP will be an added advantage.
- Off-shore mining experience will be an added advantage
THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES ARE KEY TO THIS POSITION:
- Safety of the Engineering team
- Leading planning and control
- Marine Engineering skills
- Applying expertise and technology
- Planning and organizing
- Fault finding and diagnostic skills
persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act.
How to ApplyWomen and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. CLOSING DATE: 25 AUGUST 2023
333 total views, 1 today