Full Time Senior Engineer: Reliability (HV) at Swakop Uranium
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To implement Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) and Reliability Centered Spares (RCS) philosophies, strategies and techniques related to the reliability of components, equipment and processes, and to identify and manage asset reliability risks that could affect business operations in order to support the continuous achievement of the Swakop Uranium annual and long term Operational targets.
Key Performance Areas:
- Develop, recommend and implement strategies for improving equipment and process reliability.
- Co-ordinate the application of RCM/RCS to minimize costly equipment failure and downtime through precision monitoring of operations.
- Develop project plan for reliability initiatives based on a recognized process.
- Plan and execute reliability projects on the mine, inclusive of contractor management.
- Implement and maintain cost control and continuous improvement measures.
- Maintain the integrity of the reliability centered maintenance and reliability centered spares management system data and report functions by developing and implementing technical standards, specifications and quality systems
- Audit maintenance area to monitor compliance with reliability centered maintenance and reliability centered spares management goals.
- Establish and maintain a register of RCM management, pertaining to equipment standards, work standards and job deviations.
- Apply data analysis techniques, root cause analysis (RCA), Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), failure reporting, analysis and corrective action system (FRACAS) in order to develop engineering solutions to repetitive failures, and all other problems that adversely affect operations.
- Provide input to a Risk Management plan that will anticipate reliability-related and non-reliability related risks that could adversely impact mine operations.
- Adhere to the Life Cycle Asset Management (LCAM) process throughout the entire life cycle of new assets, by working with project engineering to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and modified installations.
- Adhere to all SSHERQ related standards, practices, policies, procedures, rules, regulations and Statutory Compliance.
Requirements and experience:
- B.Sc, B. Eng or BTech Degree in Electrical Engineerin
- 5 years’ experience in a Maintenance / Project environment of which 2 years should be in a Senior capacity.
- Sound experience in the application of RCM/RCS/FMEA analysis especially availability/reliability modelling.
- Sound experience in power system analyses using software applications, such as DigSilent.
- Sound experience in protection relay settings
- Knowledge of power generation and power plant operation will be an added advantage.
- Sound experience in Reliability centered maintenance (RCM), philosophies and techniques.
- SAP PM Experience
- Equipment long-term and LCC based budgeting experience.
- Registration with a professional body will be an added advantage.
- Valid Code B/BE Driver’s License.
How to Apply
The company ONLY accept application via their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:Apply online via: Swakop Uranium Career Portal
Closing Date: 31 October 2023
347 total views, 1 today