Full Time Senior Metallurgist at SWAKOP URANIUM
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The position is responsible for a section in the plants’ operational process optimization, reducing operational costs, maximize plant utilization, resource performance improvement, improving operational efficiencies and providing metallurgical technical support to the processing operations.
Key Performance Areas:
- Monitor, investigate and analyze technical performance of the plant’s chemical process and equipment to ensure plant efficiency and optimization.
- Investigate problem areas in the metallurgical process and report findings and possible solutions.
- Ensure effective process and quality control.
- Apply all relevant statutory requirements, regulations and standards related to the section.
- Implement the plant processing schedules for the area of responsibility.
- Coordinate equipment and material input requirements to meet output quantity, quality and timing specifications.
- Evaluate and provide information for section design modifications.
- Determine, verify and account for recovery of product output by using Metallurgical Accounting methodologies.
- Prepare and analyze samples to provide accurate and reliable analytical results safely and efficiently.
- Organize and control sampling equipment in area for effective and efficient operation.
- Build capacity to perform test work in order to ensure quality control and evaluate by means of conducting PTO’s.
- Carry out area / process related administrative duties.
- Ensure area process production monitoring, incident and document control systems and databases are maintained.
- Prepare budget and control cost items within approved parameters.
Requirements and experience:
- B. Sc / B. Tech degree in Chemical Engineering or Metallurgy.
- Minimum of 5 years’ Technical / Operational experience in Hydrometallurgical processing plant of which 2 years should be in a Senior capacity.
- Must have successfully completed a graduate development programme in Metallurgy.
- Uranium processing experience will be an added advantage.
- Plant commissioning, ramp-up & optimization experience will be an added advantage.
- Project delivery and project management experience in the field of process development for mining projects.
- Registration with a professional body would be an added advantage.
- Valid Code B/BE Driver’s License.
How to ApplyClosing date: September 25, 2023
371 total views, 1 today