19 Sep 2023
Full Time Senior Operator: Control Room at Swakop Uranium
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Responsible for the efficient operations of the control room in the area of responsibility by ensuring alignment to set plant parameters.
Key Performance Areas:
- Analyze and interpret shift performance trends and initiate changes to ensure metal throughput and recovery in accordance to shift targets.
- Input production data as required for the Daily report.
- Ensure that all samples are taken and dispatched according to set operating procedures
- Coordinate proper shift handover between the oncoming shift and the current shift.
- Maintain proper process plant records, log sheets and equipment running data sheets, recognize readings outside specified values, and inform the supervisor should these occur.
- Review the laboratory results and identify production problem areas in consultation with supervisor and recommend modifications to improve production.
- Confirm on SCADA system that equipment is locked out in area of responsibility before work can commence.
- Inspect plant equipment virtually on the SCADA system and if any deficiencies are observed, a physical inspection is to be done to rectify such deficiency.
- Responsible for compiling a comprehensive shift report which covers safety, production and downtime for area of responsibility.
- Clearly communicate with shift personnel on plant status to ensure that tasks are executed safely and efficiently.
- Inform all stakeholders of any emergency situation detected on the system.
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12 or current NSSCO with 20 points over 5 subjects.
- 5 years’ working experience in a Control Room within a Processing Plant.
- Must have experience in a Processing Plant.
- Valid Code B/BE Driver’s License.
How to Apply
The company ONLY accept application via their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:Apply online via: Swakop Uranium Career Portal
Closing Date: 28 September 2023
77 total views, 4 today