Full Time Senior Security Operations Officer at NAMIBIA POST
Vacancy – Senior Security Operations Officer
Section: Infrastructure Division
Primary purpose of position
• To monitor, execute all cyber security related alerts. Must ensure that all alerts are correctly classified and categorised to ensure that true positives are dealt with as a matter of urgency.
• Must be the go-to person to instil and manage segregation of duties between the infrastructure, change and incident management and information security departments.
• Must be the person that implements, monitors and remediates all cyber security related controls that includes PAM, NAC, Mimecast, EDR or XDR as the subject matter expert. This must be based on years of hands-on experience in the cyber security environment.
• To continuously monitor and assess security deficiencies, threats and needs within the ICT environment, as well as research and evaluate means, processes and systems of proactive mitigation and reactive repair, destruction limitation and recovery in the context of the NamPost infrastructure. Continuously report violations, threats and incidents to all relevant stakeholders within agreed timeframes from internal or external parties.
• Stay abreast of the latest cyber security threats, legislations, regulations, advice, alerts and possible vulnerabilities and keep stakeholders informed accordingly.
• Cyber Security Business & ICT Integration Plan (for management & alerting).
• Cyber Security System, Methods, Approaches, Processes & Procedures (Risk Management Integrated).
• Responsible for all Cyber Security related perimeter management. Log management and SOC management.
• Cyber Security Audits & Evaluations Support.
• Cyber Security & Risk Management Problem Solving & Solutions Coordination Services.
• Cyber and Information Security & Risk Reporting & Advisory Services.
• Cyber and Information Security & Risk Projects (incl. Research & Development).
• Liaise closely with the ISO and ERM department on risk and cyber security matters.
Educational and experience requirements
- Bachelor of Computer Science: Cyber Security and a Certificate in Ethnical Hacking and Information Security at NQF Level 7 with at least 3 years hands-on experience in field of cyber security and network security plus network encryption.
- Certification in Information System Security Professional (ISC), and of the cyber security qualifications such as CISSP, ISACA, CISA, CNSP, CCNP or related certification will be a distinct advantage.
Skills and Knowledge requirements
- Must have hands-on skills to deal with all companywide cyber security perimeters including PAM controls, NAC alerts and strengthening, governance controls from an ICT cyber security perspective that ensures business is compliant with cyber security measures and cyber security alerts are properly identified and mitigated.
- Must have direct hands-on experience in dealing with all cyber security related alerts, classifying, categorising and identifying critical alerts throughout the organisational technology infrastructure.
- Must have experience in dealing with external security consultants.
How to ApplyClosing Date: 15 November 2023 Candidates who comply with the above criteria and competency areas should apply through the following link http://www.nampost.com.na/corporate/vacancies.
226 total views, 6 today