Full Time Shift Controller (PCC) at Rossing Uranium
As pioneers in mining, we produce materials essential to human progress. Our talented workforce uses industry-leading mining processes and technology to ensure our operations are safe, low cost and efficient. We have an opportunity available: An exciting opportunity exists for a Shift Controller. Reporting to the Superintendent Metallurgy, Process Control Centre. The primary purpose of this role is to ensure smooth plant operations and production during shifts by continuously observing and analysing the conditions & control trends across the process (from pit to FPR) in conjunction with the shift supervisors and CPC operators. The successful candidate will apply process decisions to pace (slow down, speed up, stop, start) each section based on this information to stabilize the overall plant and to meet set process efficiency targets. This role serves as an interface between plant operations and operations management
Key Performance Areas:
- Maintains HSE standards
- Coordinates plant start-up, operation, and stoppage within CPC and outside in conjunction with Operations Foremen.
- Continuously monitors plant reagent levels and laboratory results to make the necessary changes to achieve production and process efficiency targets.
- Supervising improvement projects, and continuously provides feedback to metallurgical staff and management on performance of new process initiatives.
- Providing input to improvement of long-term operational processes to achieve and exceed planned plant efficiencies.
- Comparing actual plant efficiency to planned plant efficiency and takes corrective action where necessary by continuously monitoring process trends.
- Co-ordinating production and maintenance activities with Comminution, Extraction and Recovery operations Front line staff to reduce the risks for injury, equipment damage and loss of production and/or reduction in process efficiencies, daily.
- Supervising and ensuring that subordinates complete their tasks according to set plans, defines clear priorities to ensure production continuity.
- Monitoring expenditure monthly and reviews on a quarterly basis (e.g., shifting funds from one allocation to another)
- Continuously assess and improve quality.
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12 Certificate;
- A Recognized Bachelor of Science / B-Tech in Metallurgy / Chemical Engineering, Chemistry & Mathematics NQF Level 7/8 OR
- A National Diploma in Metallurgy/ Chemical Engineering NQF Level 6.
- Degree Holders A minimum of five (5) years working experience in a hydrometallurgical processing plant of which three (3) years should be in a supervisory/Metallurgist/Process Technician role in a process control environment.
- Diploma Holders. A minimum of seven (7) years working experience in a hydrometallurgical processing plant of which three (3) years should be in a supervisory/Metallurgist/Process Technician role in a process control environment.
- A valid Code B driver’s licence.
- A Police certificate of conduct of not older than six months is required. A record will not automatically disqualify candidates.
- Good knowledge of principles of mineral processing and metallurgical processes
- Comprehensive analysis of process trends
- Technical problem-solving capability
- Good knowledge of process control systems
- Proficiency with SAP
- Proficiency MS applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
- Good Report Writing Skills
- Excellent presenting and communication skills
How to Apply
The company ONLY accept application via their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:Apply online via: Rossing Uranium Career Portal
Closing Date: 29 September 2023
593 total views, 1 today