15 Nov 2023
Full Time Shift Geologist at B2GOLD
Shift Geologist (12 Months Fixed Term Contract)
Listing reference: b2gld_000160
Listing status: Online
Apply by: 26 November 2023
Industry: Mining & Quarrying
Job category: Geology
Contract: Fixed Term Contract
EE position: No
The Shift Geologist is responsible for supervising geological mining activities during shifts.
Geological mining functions
- Optimise the extraction of mineralised zones and minimise dilution.
- Manage and coordinate ore control activities [e.g. spotting ore types and tracking ore stockpile quantities].
- Conduct geological mapping during shifts, e.g. pit and/or underground maps.
- Spot, report and collect grab samples of suspected ore material not identified by the grade control system.
- Prepare and submit sample submission sheets to the assay laboratory during the back shifts.
- Conduct underground geological inspections and give feedback reports to the Senior Production Geologist or other Mining officials.
- Supervise the ore re-handling and the implementation of the crusher-feed blend at the Run of Mine (ROM) Pad.
- Prepare daily mining activity reports for submission to management.
- Prepare daily material movement tally or summary report (WENCO SYSTEM) for submission to management and Database Geologist.
- Monitor and report progress on the drilling of Blast Movement Monitoring (BMM) holes in ore blocks.
- Installation and picking of blast movement monitors.
- Respond and review pit-wall monitoring radar.
- Review the performance of Staff, provide feedback and guide rectifying behaviour as necessary.
- Assist each staff member in compiling a Personal Development Plan [PDP] and ensure on-the-job coaching or other appropriate training interventions.
- Ensure ongoing and effective communication with staff.
Safety, Health and Environment
- Ensure compliance with all B2Gold Safety, Health and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Comply with the Namibian Mining Act (Labour Act, Ordinance, Minerals Act, and Explosives Act) and Regulation clauses applicable to the work area.
- Actively participate in safety and/or toolbox meetings and conduct a monthly safety inspection of the work area based on the schedule set by Management.
How to ApplyClosing date: November 26, 2023
235 total views, 1 today