28 Aug 2023
Full Time Shop Assistant at Meat Corporation of Namibia Ltd
Purpose of the Job
Provide excellent customer service and support the overall operations of the retail store.
Key Performance Areas
- Assist Shop Supervisor to ensure the smooth operation of the MeatMa Walvis Bay sales outlet..
- Assist customers, helping them locate products, answering questions about products, and providing recommendations.
- Serve clients at the counter and ensures correct weighing, packaging, pricing, and displaying of products.
- Reports complaints and claims from clients to supervisor.
- Maintain store cleanliness and keep it organized, including cleaning shelves, floors, and restrooms.
- Report irregularities and security issues to supervisor
- Conduct monthly stock take to keep accurate track of the physical stock.
- Ensures stock rotation according to the FIFO principle
- Off-load goods ordered from various suppliers.
- Record the reefer container temperature hourly and flags temperature irregularities to supervisor.
- Ensure that the “retail” scale functions accurately and record readings against calibration weight daily
- Clean and maintain tools and equipment and ensure displays and signages are accurate and attractively displayed
Competency and Skill Requirements
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification
- A Certificate in Wholesale and Retail Operations, Retail Management, Business Administration, Sales and Marketing, or in a relevant field, will be an added advantage.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a retail store or butchery, with warehousing and storekeeping exposure.
- Experience as a Cashier would be an added advantage.
- Customer focused with sales skills and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to work in a team and under pressure.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter to:Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 04 September 2023
1069 total views, 1 today