19 Sep 2023
Full Time Store Manager at Pick n Pay Namibia
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To manage the overall operations of the store by applying sound business principles and service excellence to customers and consumers in order to ensure profitability of the store.
- Maximize sales turnover and gross profit through best practices.
- Minimize cost/ expenses and stock losses (shortages) through effective utilization of staff.
- Implement and maintain merchandising & QDVP4 standards in store.
- Accountable for the achievement of monthly budgeted targets.
- Maximize Gross Profit’s through effective buy-ins.
- Implement innovative business ideas that result into breakthrough targets.
- Monitor and promote operational and service standards constantly by practicing PnP Service Qualities.
- Attend to customers and their complaints.
- Build and maintain sound relationships with all internal and external stakeholders – partnership.
- Maintain stores’ specific product ranges and product quality as per QDVP4 standards.
- Accountable for stock rotation according to FIFO method.
- See to it that no damaged or expired products are stocked.
- Manage stock levels and dormant stock.
- Manage stock holding days by utilizing roster order.
- Manage stock ordering and monitor delivery of stock.
- Oversee and manage all administrative duties of the store to ensure that they are completed within time limits and within company procedures.
- Oversee the scheduling and planning of staff working hours for the week and approve weekly schedules.
- Control store wages through appropriately monitoring and approving overtime and hours worked by staff.
- Run an inspection on the floor – Mule train.
- Perform day end functions after cashiers are done.
- Manage the housekeeping of the store and adherence to Food safety audit standards.
- Enforce compliance of the Health & Safety policy to all staff members and internal visitors.
- Conduct health and safety inspections on a daily basis and report monthly to Regional Manager and Support Office.
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration / Management or Retail Management, or equivalent and at least 5 years retail managerial experience.
- A recognized Grade 12 Certificate and a minimum of 8 years’ retail experience of which 5 must be at management level.
- Code B Driver’s License.
- Supermarket experience will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of budgetary control.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Assertive communication
- Analytical ability /Business Analysis
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organizing skills
- Sound Numerical Knowledge
- Leadership ability
- Influencing skills
How to Apply
The company ONLY accept application via their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:Apply online via: O&LCareer Portal
Closing Date: 28 September 2023
72 total views, 2 today