Full Time Superintendent Container Terminals Operations
As a leading strategic and dynamic institution, unique in our trade and very committed to our contribution to national development, NAMPORT, invites suitably qualified persons to apply for the following position:
POSITION: SUPERINTENDENT: CONTAINER TERMINALS OPERATIONS X1
DEPARTMENT: PORT OPERATIONS
LOCATION: PORT OF WALVIS BAY
JOB GRADE: 07
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of the Container Terminal section and ensuring that container cargo handling operations (including container cargo loading and unloading, warehousing and storage, and container cargo handling equipment and personnel management) are carried out efficiently, safely and in compliance with relevant regulations and procedures. This is to ensure operational efficiency and sound service delivery for organisational success.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
▪ Develop and implement sectional strategy in support of the departmental medium- and short-term strategies.
▪ Drives sectional culture programs/ initiatives.
▪ Develop and manage sectional budget.
▪ Supervise and manage Container Terminal Operations staff.
▪ Ensure effective compliance and risk management.
▪ Recommend and initiate safety policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and promote a safe working environment.
▪ Monitor equipment utilisation and efficiency to find areas for optimisation and improvement.
▪ Ensure implementation of the Performance Optimisation Policy.
▪ Plan, lead and oversee the timely and effective service delivery to customers to drive positive customer experience.
▪ Coordinate and develop effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
▪ Provide effective team leadership and management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
▪ A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent [NQF Level 7] in a relevant field, such as transport & logistics, supply chain management, business management or project management.
▪ A Minimum of five (5) years relevant experience in the field of container terminal operations, of which two (2) years should have been in a supervisory capacity.
▪ Alternative Requirements:
▪ Advanced Certificate, Diploma (M+2) or National Diploma (M+3) [NQF Level 6] in a relevant field, such as container terminal management and operation, transport & logistics, supply chain management, or project management.
▪ A Minimum of seven (7) years relevant professional experience in the field of container terminal operations, of which two (2) years should have been in planning, controlling, or coordinating capacity.
▪ Code B Driver’s License.
▪ Advantage: Post-Graduate Diploma [NQF Level 8] in Container Terminal Management and Operation.
▪ Advantage: Code BE Driver’s License.
▪ Advantage: Six Sigma Certification (relevant knowledge in Business Process and Continuous improvement, projects, and management).
▪ Excellent interpersonal relations and communication skills.
▪ Safety, health and quality conscious.
▪ Good planning and leadership skills.
▪ Organizational and strategic planning.
▪ Analytical, creative, innovative and concept thinking.
▪ Business perspective/ acumen.
▪ Computer literate (advanced level).
How to ApplyWINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY: 01 SEPTEMBER 2023 Namport is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing world-class port services to all local, regional and international seaborne traders, through excellent customer service, sustainable growth, development and social responsibility. Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting their applications electronically via www.namport.com/careers/ or access the Namibia Integrated Employment Information System (NIEIS) through the following link: https://nieis.namibiaatwork.gov.na/. All foreign qualifications should be evaluated by NQA. All enquiries and applications with full details regarding qualifications, experience, and career achievements should be addressed to the under mentioned: Manager: Talent | Namibian Ports Authority | P O Box 361 | Walvis Bay, Namibia | Tel: 064 – 208 2255 Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No hand delivered, emailed or faxed applications will be considered
113 total views, 1 today