Full Time Superintendent Electrical Infrastructure
As a leading strategic and dynamic institution, unique in our trade and very committed to our contribution
to national development, NAMPORT, invites suitably qualified persons to apply for the following position:
POSITION: SUPERINTENDENT: ELECTRICAL INFRASTRUCTURE
DEPARTMENT: PORT ENGINEERING
LOCATION: PORT OF WALVIS BAY
JOB GRADE: 7
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To design, implement, monitor, direct and control the electrical distribution networks within Namport, which currently consist of both medium and low voltage
networks and switchgear. To conduct planning, implementation and monitoring of Namport’s Electrical Infrastructure Workshop function, by managing the execution of electrical infrastructure capital and maintenance related duties on all electrical infrastructure, in compliance to relevant regulations and legal
guidelines. The position reports directly to the Port Engineer: Infrastructure Maintenance.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
• Provide specialized input into strategic and departmental maintenance planning processes.
• Provide input to departmental budget and manage operational budget.
• Plan and coordinate all electrical maintenance and capital project activities (including medium voltage network switching operations) based on Namport’s
strategic and operational priorities.
• Take full responsibility and accountability for the planned maintenance of electrical distribution networks in the Port of Walvis Bay, and the Port of Lüderitz.
• Conduct performance checks on all electrical installations/ network and ensure compliance with relevant electrical standards and regulations.
• Facilitate project management activities, including tracking project milestones, and ensuring timely execution of strategic initiatives.
• Supervise multi-disciplinary teams and provide leadership support for high-performance culture and service excellence.
• Work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure the effective execution of strategic initiatives, promoting alignment with our overall strategic objectives.
• Collaborate with management to support change initiatives and foster a culture of change and adaptability.
• Facilitate and execute the review and development of policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Stay updated on industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies relevant to our strategic objectives.
• Perform most complex electrical and related activities that are beyond the ability of Artisans.
• Develop and drive a robust training and development program for the team to ensure high performance at all times.
• Perform any other ad-hoc duties as may be required by Namport from time to time, including standby duties (when applicable) and at all Namport various Ports.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• Bachelor of Technology (B-Tech) Degree or equivalent [NQF Level 7] in Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current).
• A minimum of six (6) years relevant professional experience in the field of Electrical Engineering, of which at least five (5) years of that must be hands-on experience in managing 11kV or higher distribution networks. Further, at least two (2) years’ experience at specialized and/ or supervisory level is required.
• Must be registered with the Engineering Council of Namibia as an Incorporated Engineer.
• Code BE driver’s license.
• Must be driven and possesses a strong technical know-how and excellent project management skills.
• Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making abilities, with a focus on delivering excellent customer service.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and build strong customer relationships.
• Strong analytical and logical thinking skills and the ability to interpret data and metrics to drive operational improvements.
• Proven experience in driving process improvements and optimizing service delivery workflows in a high-performance environment.
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment, adapting to evolving business needs.
• Strong leadership, decision making, relationship building, teamwork and collaboration skills.
• Must be a Namibian Citizen.
How to ApplyWINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY: 01 SEPTEMBER 2023 Namport is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing world-class port services to all local, regional, and international seaborne traders, through excellent customer service, sustainable growth, development and social responsibility. Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting their applications electronically via https://www.namport.com.na/cms/login.php. All foreign qualifications should be evaluated by NQA. All enquiries and applications with full details regarding qualifications, experience, and career achievements should be addressed to the under mentioned: Manager: Talent | Namibian Ports Authority | P O Box 361 | Walvis Bay, Namibia | Tel: 064 – 208 2371 Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No hand delivered, emailed or faxed applications will be considered.
208 total views, 1 today