Full Time Superintendent Projects at Rossing Uranium
As pioneers in mining, we produce materials essential to human progress. Our talented workforce uses industry-leading mining processes and technology to ensure our operations are safe, low cost and efficient. We have an opportunity available:
An exciting opportunity exists for a Superintendent: Projects on a 3-year fixed term contract reporting to the Manager: Projects. The primary purpose of this role is to manage the execution of projects by efficiently utilizing the project engineering team and taking responsibility for the execution of Multidisciplinary Capital projects at Rössing Uranium Limited.
Key Performance Areas:
- Maintains HSE standards with the commitment to reduce injuries and implement HSE improvement plans;
- Ensures the quality, optimization and relevancy of all designs produced by the section;
- Assist the business with the development of annual and five yearly capital plans;
- Prepares Capital Expenditure Approval (CEA) documents and presents to projects governance subcommittees;
- Responsible for identification, validation, justification and roll out engineering design projects by using engineering principles and liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure appropriate allocation of resources to each project and measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques;
- Implements and maintain design control procedures and reports on the performance of the section and the improvement of designs.
- Responsible for the implementation of the project management framework;
- Provide input and assistance to identify alternative engineering options by using technical expertise to evaluate the options presented to the project.
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12 Certificate
- A recognized BSc/BTech degree in a relevant Engineering discipline (NQF level 7/8) OR.
- A recognized National Diploma in a relevant Engineering discipline (NQF Level 6).
- Project Management qualification will be an added advantage.
- For Degree Holders: A minimum of five (5) years post qualification working experience in a mining environment of which three (3) years should be in supervisory position capacity or managing major/ multiple contractors.
- For Diploma Holders: A minimum of ten (10) years post qualification working experience in a mining environment of which five (5) years should be in supervisory position capacity or managing major/ multiple contractors
- A valid Code B driver’s licence.
- A Police certificate of conduct not older than six months is required. A record will not automatically disqualify candidates.
- Basic understanding of mining engineering principles.
- Proficiency in project management methodologies and tools.
- Experience in managing contracts with suppliers, contractors, and service providers.
- Skills in budgeting, cost estimation, and financial management.
- Proficiency in data analysis and reporting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Time management skills as well as
- Logical and analytical thinking skills.
How to Apply
The company ONLY accept application via their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:Apply online via: Rossing Uranium Career Portal
Closing Date: 11 August 2023- Preference is given to candidates from designated groups in line with Company policy on employment equity - Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
166 total views, 1 today