Full Time Supervisor Electrical Infrastructure
As a leading strategic and dynamic institution, unique in our trade and very committed to our contribution to national
development, NAMPORT, invites suitably qualified persons to apply for the following position:
POSITION: SUPERVISOR: ELECTRICAL INFRASTRUCTURE
DEPARTMENT: PORT ENGINEERING
LOCATION: PORT OF WALVIS BAY
JOB GRADE: 8
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To plan, supervise, execute all activities of the Electrical Infrastructure Workshop through effective execution of electrical and related duties of all electrical equipment and systems within Namport. The incumbent supervises electrical distribution networks within Namport, which currently consist of both medium and low voltage networks and switchgear. The incumbent is expected to provide specialized technical support in design the evaluation of electrical systems, safety measures, and assess efficiency and feasibility of existing/ new installations to ensure the execution of short, medium and long-term electrical infrastructure
strategies and plans. The position reports directly to Superintendent: Electrical Infrastructure.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
• Provide into to divisional/ departmental budget and manage sectional budget.
• Implement all electrical maintenance and capital project activities (including low, medium and high voltage switching operations) based on Namport’s strategic and operational priorities.
• Perform checks on all electrical installations/ network and ensure compliance with relevant electrical standards and regulations.
• Account for the implementation of assigned project management activities, including tracking project milestones, and ensuring timely execution of strategic initiatives.
• Coordinate, plan and organise all electrical and related activities of the Electrical Infrastructure Workshop.
• Supervise the Electrical Infrastructure team (mostly artisans), provide training and leadership support to the team for high-performance culture and service excellence.
• Supervise the servicing and repair of refrigeration and air conditioners.
• Perform most complex electrical and related activities that are beyond the ability of Artisans.
• Serve as a Controlling Officer for high voltage switching operations.
• Coordinate the administrative duties for the Workshop and ensure adherence to standing policies and procedures.
• Initiate policy proposals and take decisions on operational matters.
• Collaborate with operational and support staff to support change initiatives and foster a culture of change and adaptability.
• Perform any other ad-hoc duties as may be required by Namport from time to time, including standby duties (when applicable) and at all Namport various Ports.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• Bachelor of Technology (B-Tech) Degree or equivalent [NQF Level 7] in Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current).
• A minimum of three (3) years relevant professional experience in the field of Electrical Engineering.
• Experience of at least one (1) year in a specialist or supervisory capacity would be as added advantage.
• Advantage: Registration with the Engineering Council of Namibia. (Not a requirement).
• Code BE driver’s license.
• Must be driven and possesses a strong technical know-how with sound project management skills.
• Sound knowledge of LV/MV switchgears, transformers and overall electrical reticulation maintenance will be a distinctive advantage.
• Sound problem-solving and decision-making abilities, with a focus on delivering excellent customer service.
• Sound communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and build strong customer relationships.
• Strong analytical ability and ability to pay attention to details and deadlines.
• Relationship building, logically thinking and computer literacy.
• Strong leadership, decision making, teamwork and collaboration skills.
• Must be a Namibian Citizen.
How to ApplyWINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY: 01 SEPTEMBER 2023 Namport is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing world-class port services to all local, regional and international seaborne traders, through excellent customer service, sustainable growth, development and social responsibility. Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting their applications electronically via https://www.namport.com.na/cms/login.php. All foreign qualifications should be evaluated by NQA. All enquiries and applications with full details regarding qualifications, experience, and career achievements should be addressed to the under mentioned: Manager: Talent | Namibian Ports Authority | P O Box 361 | Walvis Bay, Namibia | Tel: 064 – 208 2371 Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No hand delivered, emailed or faxed applications will be considered.
52 total views, 1 today