Full Time Supervisor: Shift x1( Internal Applicants Only)
As a leading strategic and dynamic institution, unique in our trade and very committed to our contribution to national development, NAMPORT, invites suitably qualified persons to apply for the following position:
POSITION: SUPERVISOR: SHIFT X1
DEPARTMENT: PORT OPERATIONS – CONTAINER TERMINAL
LOCATION: PORT OF WALVIS BAY
JOB GRADE: 8
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To proactively and safely manage shift-to-shift vessel and yard operations (execution) processes within the Terminals Division to fully optimise terminal resources and execute operations effectively as directed by Planning and within parameters of customer requirements and Namport business objectives. This is to ensure operational efficiency, safety and sound service delivery for organisational success.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
▪ Assists in the planning, developing and the implementation of sectional initiatives/activity plan in line with the departmental annual business plan.
▪ Manage the subsection budget and cost control systems and processes according to policy guidelines.
▪ Implement health and safety policies and procedures related to shift operations management and ensure compliance with relevant regulatory requirements and standards.
▪ Organise and coordinate of container or cargo handling activities (execution).
▪ Ensures awareness and communicate operational policies, change and decisions to team members.
▪ Ensure adherence to maintenance schedules of all mechanical equipment.
▪ Ensures effective vessel planning.
▪ Monitor vessel operations in order to achieve the most efficient vessel/ berth productivity.
▪ Perform statistical collection and operations performance data analysis.
▪ Facilitate effective project management and related activities.
▪ Drive, facilitate and monitor the sectional risk management interventions activities to ensure business continuity.
▪ Promote and ensure effective leadership and team management.
▪ Provide accurate, timely and complete key operational reporting.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
▪ National Diploma or equivalent [NQF Level 6] in a relevant field, such as transport & logistics, supply chain management, business management and or project management.
▪ Advantage: Bachelors Degree [NQF Level 7] in a relevant field, such as transport & logistics, supply chain management, business management and or project management.
▪ 5 years relevant work experience, which a minimum 3 years in terminal or cargo operations supervisory capacity.
▪ Alternative Requirements:
▪ National Certificate or equivalent [NQF Level 5] in a relevant field, such as transport & logistics, supply chain management, business management and or project management.
▪ 6 years relevant experience, which a minimum 3 years in terminal or cargo operations supervisory capacity.
▪ Driver’s License: Code BE.
▪ Advantage: Proficiency in the use of relevant computer systems and software, such as terminal operating systems and scheduling software.
▪ Ability to work independently and think logically.
▪ Safety consciousness.
▪ Excellent communication and team relationship skills.
▪ Computer literacy and SAP will be an added advantage.
How to ApplyWINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY: 01 SEPTEMBER 2023 Namport is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing world-class port services to all local, regional and international seaborne traders, through excellent customer service, sustainable growth, development and social responsibility. Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by submitting their applications electronically via www.namport.com/careers/ or access the Namibia Integrated Employment Information System (NIEIS) through the following link: https://nieis.namibiaatwork.gov.na/. All foreign qualifications should be evaluated by NQA. All enquiries and applications with full details regarding qualifications, experience, and career achievements should be addressed to the under mentioned: Manager: Talent | Namibian Ports Authority | P O Box 361 | Walvis Bay, Namibia | Tel: 064 – 208 2371 Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No hand delivered, emailed or faxed applications will be considered
175 total views, 2 today