Full Time Team Leader: Maintenance – Swakop Uranium
To lead a team of Artisans for the effective and efficient maintenance of all equipment and systems in area of responsibility to ensure that production targets are achieved, at maximum availability and optimum cost, including adherence to job safety and good housekeeping standards.
Key Performance Areas:
- Maintain various equipment together with a team of Artisans to execute the preventative maintenance strategy..
- Coordinate a team to inspect, repair equipment, and compile and implement contingency plan to achieve maintenance / repair objectives.
- Ensure that all safety, quality standards and Standard Work Procedures are adhered to, including compliance to Company job safety and good housekeeping standards at all times.
- Carry out equipment /system inspections, execute planned shut programs, in order to optimize maintenance costs and engineering down time.
- Review maintenance performance reports and equipment repair history and recommend and implement corrective action.
- Order or initiate required parts and components as needed, in conjunction with the Maintenance Planner, suppliers and contractors, in order to minimize downtime and spare holding in the warehouse.
- Analyze weekly performance plan to ensure that production targets are achieved.
- Recommend and implement improvements to work practices, methods and procedures in area of responsibility.
- Check that adequate knowledge is transferred from the vendors for effective future maintenance.
- Control and coordinate the rotable spares process between the various EUDs and SCM.
- Follow up on outstanding / overdue work orders.
- Perform downtime and failure analysis and implement corrective actions and ensure continuous improvements.
- Compile report for management to indicate section performance monthly.
- Isolate faults identified in areas of responsibility to ensure prompt rectification of fault for minimum breakdown delays.
- Ensure technical availability in area of responsibility to achieve optimal efficiencies of equipment and systems.
- Calibrate equipment to comply with agreed standards, Company or manufacturer’s standards.
- Provide input into the sectional budget for approval and monitor expenditure on monthly basis.
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12 or current NSSCO with 20 points over 5 subjects plus a Recognised Engineering Trade Test Certificate / Diploma (Fitter, Auto Electrician, Electrical, Diesel Mechanic, Fitter and Turner or Boilermaker).
- 7 years’ post trade working experience of which 3 years should be at supervisory level in Engineering maintenance environment.
- Exposure as a Team Leader in a mining environment will be an added advantage.
- Maintenance systems experience, e.g. SAP / On Key.
- Valid Code B/BE Driver’s License.
How to Apply
The company ONLY accept application via their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:Apply online via: Swakop Uranium Career Portal
Closing Date: 11 October 2023
432 total views, 2 today