Full Time Technical Advisor at Meat Corporation of Namibia Ltd
Purpose of the Job
Oversee and coordinate livestock procurement activities, optimising cost and quality alignment with production goals. Monitor market trends, negotiate with suppliers, and ensure accurate record-keeping. Provide guidance on animal welfare and agricultural practices to stakeholders.
Key Performance Areas
- Plans, directs, and coordinates Livestock Procurement in designated area, in accordance with the production objectives at optimum cost, and consistent with quality requirements.
- Monitor prices at Auctions and private transactions, as well as price tendencies in the area.
- Buy cattle on the hoof, where necessary, and negotiate process with producers.
- Prepare and provide reports/ reconciliations on permit day purchases and expenses.
- Ensure that all weighing equipment are serviced and repaired at intervals to ensure seamless operations.
- Build relationships with producers, prospective producers and other stakeholders in the agriculture industry.
- Manage and negotiate with suppliers, whilst establishing new sources of livestock
- Ensures that all livestock procurement transactions are properly recorded and accurately allocated.
- Ensure that farmers are paid timeously and effectively resolve payment and/or other issues.
- Ensure that animal welfare guidelines are adhered and all livestock are handled properly.
- Provide Agricultural and Marketing advice to producers.
Competency and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture/Livestock production or related field.
- Three (3) years working experience in an agricultural field or cattle production environment.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with clients and other stakeholders.
- High level of planning, leading, controlling and organisational ability.
- Strong analytical skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Valid Namibian driver’s license Code BE
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter to:Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 04 September 2023
229 total views, 1 today