Full Time Technical Manager at Namib Mills (Pty) Ltd
An excellent career opportunity exists for interested and qualified candidates to apply for the above-mentioned position at Namib Mills (Pty) Ltd, Windhoek.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Responsible for the overall effectiveness of the Workshops and their relevant spare parts stores. Ensure maintenance systems/procedures are up to date and relevant. Oversee the development and maintenance of control/automations systems. Provide technical assistance to projects.
KEY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work according to safety and food safety standards.
- Work distribution per job card and priority to ensure that all priorities are addressed timeously.
- Maintain the maintenance system (Service Manager) and the execution thereof.
- Identify equipment improvement requirements, propose and execute as required.
- Inspects the various plants on the maintenance activities performed by artisans.
- Ensure access for remote assistance is maintained and safe.
- Review and develop automation needs (internally or with contractor).
- Ensure quality work by all artisans.
- Ensure alle relevant spare parts are as per OEM standards.
- Ensure spare parts minmax levels are maintained and reviewed responsibly.
- To ensure that maximum productivity is achieved through all equipment.
- Assist in operational/development requirements at, mills, pasta, bakery, plastic extrusion, maize extrusion, packaging and all other relevant aspects of the company.
- Identify hazardous working conditions to ensure an injury free work environment.
- Thorough plant inspections, increase the quality of the machines, facilities, activities and product.
- Ensure all jobs are completed according to specifications.
- Ensure maintenance are complete according to scheduled times.
- Evaluates all completed jobs timeously by comparing time spend on job card to estimated realistic time.
- Attend Management, Production and ISO Meetings.
- Ensure that correct spares are bought based on value for money.
- Control strict stocktake procedures in all workshops.
- Conduct workshop meetings to have staff sufficiently informed.
- Verification of time sheet and leave applications.
- Do budgeting and keep track of accruing cost to stay within budget.
- Being actively involved in all company projects.
- Ensure training and development as per ISO standards.
- New employee enrolment in accordance with company standards.
- Initiating disciplinary enquiries, handling of grievances and the output of all staff. Provides guidance as required.
- Ensure compliance to company standards and procedures.
- Interviews staff for appointments.
- Ensure good human resource practises
- Communicate performance requirements timeously with staff.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 with Mechanical/Mechatronics Engineer Degree (NQF 7).
- 10 Years’ relevant experience in a managerial position.
- Organizational Knowledge is a prerequisite.
- Knowledge/experience in CAD.
- knowledge/experience in AccPac/Service manager Crystal/SQL.
- knowledge/experience in PLC/SCADA Systems (Siemens, Allen Bradley, Ignition).
- Namibian citizen / eligible to become a Namibian citizen.
- Proficiency in English.
- Well disciplined.
How to ApplyNamib Mills (Pty) Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. Previously Disadvantaged Namibians (PDN) and women are encouraged to apply. CV’S WITH FULL DETAILS CAN BE FORWARDED TO: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (not larger than 2MB) Subject line for applications should be: NMOPSW161023 – TECHNICAL MANAGER WORKSHOP – WINDHOEK) Only applications with this subject line will be considered. IT IS IMPERATIVE TO NOTE THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS. CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 07th of NOVEMBER 2023.
415 total views, 3 today