Full Time Technician: Condition Monitoring at SWAKOP URANIUM
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To provide technical support to the Production and Maintenance function on mechanical and electrical systems by conducting inspections, monitoring performance, analysing trends and recommending appropriate actions to continuously enhance plant performance and availability.
Key Performance Areas:
- Carry out routine and non-routine equipment and machinery condition monitoring data collection and related activities effectively and safely, using data collectors and computerized Condition Monitoring systems.
- Make recommendations based on the results of condition monitoring data analysis
- Provide technical advice to the maintenance- and operations teams for equipment and machinery performance issues and condition monitoring requirements.
- Participate in trouble-shooting and failure investigation on equipment.
- Identify and report equipment and machinery with chronic problems and recommend necessary actions.
- Carry out commissioning checks of newly installed rotating / static equipment and machinery (baseline measurements).
- Participate in failure investigation and root cause analysis and correlates results to equipment and machinery conditions.
- Carry out pre and post-maintenance vibration readings to ensure that readings are within acceptable limits.
- Conduct routine vibration analysis on equipment.
- Develop and maintain vibration analysis database and ensure accuracy of vibration data collected, reports and recommendations.
- Report on equipment and machinery conditions to the relevant stakeholders.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled tasks to be done, including those for predictive maintenance, preventive maintenance and breakdown maintenance.
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12 or current NSSCO with 20 points over 5 subjects.
- National Trade Certificate (N3) in Mechanical or Electrical field.
- Minimum 5 years’ post trade experience in an engineering environment specifically focusing on condition monitoring and rotating /static equipment and machinery maintenance engineering.
- ISO Certification: Vibration Analysis and Thermography certification.
- Oil analysis certification.
- Ultrasound Acoustic certification will be an added advantage.
- ASNT certification: NDT certification will be an added advantage.
- Shaft Laser alignment will be an added advantage.
- Experience in Data evaluation and analytics.
- Experience in CMMS maintenance related modules and understanding equipment life cycle and evaluation.
- Experience in the application of Condition Monitoring principles, methods and devices.
- Practical experience in diagnostics.
- Valid Code B/BE Driver’s License.
- Code C License added advantage
How to ApplyClosing date: September 06, 2023
276 total views, 3 today