10 Sep 2023
Full Time Trade Hand Blasting & Painting at Namibia Port Authority (Namport)
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To execute maintenance relating to surface preparation, abrasive blasting, and painting within operations in the port & maritime area as well as to assist the artisans with the execution of their duties.y
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Performs minor maintenance on equipment and infrastructure
- Assist with preparing surfaces to receive coatings.
- Perform abrasive blasting (using specialized equipment) to clean and roughen surfaces.
- Performing maintenance on fixed assets and equipment.
- Performing painting duties.
- Performing cleaning, spot and sweep blasting of structures and equipment.
- Sandblasting and painting of steel structures.
- Dismantling and re-assembling of scaffoldings.
- Provides effective team leadership to staff
- Performs relevant administrative duties
- Adheres to safety, health, and quality standards
- Ensures customer satisfaction.
- Safekeeping of materials and tools and perform any other Ad-hoc duties as and when required.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- National Vocational Certificate Level 2 or equivalent (NQF Level 2)
- 2 years relevant experience, of which a minimum 1 years should have been within port or maritime environment.
- Code BE driver’s license.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to details and deadlines.
- Relationship building, logically thinking and computer literacy.
- Must be a Namibian Citizen.
How to Apply
Closing Date: 12 September 2023
The company ONLY accept applications via their career portal. Interested candidates can apply via the link below:Apply online via: Namport Career Portal
174 total views, 2 today